New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my Tru-Bendz Borla Exhaust yesterday, that went ok, although i needed alot of help and couldn't get the stock bolts out. Just for future reference i will be putting on my Z3 fenders therefor my old ones will be for sale, if anyone from around here is interested. I live in Litchfield CT.

My passenger side window is so messed up. I don't know weather to take it to a dealer or a body shop. It makes loud noises and is completely off the track. it wont go up or down. what a pain.

Also sighted a tan cougar in Torrington with a cougar windshield sticker on it. Anyone in here know him? it was in cursive writing.

Just tryin to see whats up around the area, i hope i didn't bore you guys!

Dont Hybernate, my cougars great in the snow...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
is your cougar still under warranty?
if yes, I say take it to the dealership for the window problem.
if no, take a shot at pulling off the door panel and see if you can figure out the problem.
the inside of car doors isn't too complicated.
if you feel you can't fix it, then bring it to someone who can.

·
Registered
976 Posts
bantamcougar, this forum goes dead in the winter for some reason. I think it's probably because everyone is like me and staring at a calender for spring and dreaming of all the mods they will do to thier car.

I have been on a crazy buying spree by the way... Ebay, the NECO for sale section and I are pretty close right now! I have made a purchase a day for the last 7 days and I have plenty more in store! I want to hit some shows this summer!

Ok, now back to my calender staring...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Gotta love that Trubenz Borla exhaust. Have one ourselves..........dual with 3" outlets. It's off for the winter so the cougar is stealthy with the stock on. Most of the time I can't tell if it's running.LOL

Looking forward to spring........................LIKE BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sassy:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HAHA yeah spring is nice, i just like the winter so much because my birthday is on Christmas, therefor i get like a million presents and there all for my car. Infact last year i had a 94 probe GT and i asked my mom for z3 fenders for a 1999 cougar, because i knew someday i would get one. Sure enough this summer i got my cougar, i found it up in New Hampshire for only 6000. (5spd, v6, 51K) it was a great deal. Summer will probably be dead for me with modds, just little stuff, because im going to have to save for college.

DNNYBOY33 i just bought some Visteon sides, havent came in yet but i will let you know how they look. There kinda plain from what i saw in the pics, but i kinda like em'.

Well i hope everyone is doing good, and let me know if your going to be around the Northwest Hills of CT anytime soon... thats my cougars current habitat.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Vodfan and I are from just outside hartford.. we are always down on the pike on the weekends in the summer .. if your ever in the area hit us up .. we are always doing something car related one way or another

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i will look for ya...i had a quick question though. i went to put in that De-icer washer fluid and when i looked for the rear washer fluid resevoir i couldnt find it. Are the rear and front the same?

i got a ticket for going 45 in a 35 yesterday, what a bunch of crap that was

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i think they share the same resoviour, as for the ticket ,, thats sucks,, fight it, youll save money

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the ticket is gay for sure...ok one more question, i heard after you do modifications you should unplugg fuses 4 and 11 (or something like that) so the car can reset and learn the new air and gas mixtures. does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I always heard disconnecting they battery. Seems easier to me, but yes the concept is true. It will do it anyways, it will just be a longer adjustment period.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that does make sense...thanks for the help. that will be a little easier than messing around with fuses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts