New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a copy of the email i received. If you are looking into this, here is a great time to get it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Good price, even better with the Neco Discount Code. Dont remember the code right off hand though.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I got the same e-mail today.

Too bad I already HAVE the FD STB! UGH! :(

BTW...the discount code is: PTNECOCLUB

;)

~CIII

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Kick ass! I've been looking for one of these too!
:banana:

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
They are sway bars. Their purpose is to limit lateral movement in the suspension components, thus reducing sway, hence their name. The thicker/more solid the bar, the tighter the suspension. This usually equates to better handeling characteristics. They connect left side suspension parts to right side suspension parts so that when the left side tries to lean/sway, that energy is disipated into the right hand components and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The thicker the bar in the rear the better. For the front, which I still havent found a replacement for, the smaller the bar, the better.

·
Registered
897 Posts
the bigger the better for rear really isn't accurate... there is TOTALLY such a thing as too big... and too big in the rear and too small in the front means you spin the car into a guardrail.

·
Registered
674 Posts
well, if you go bigger in the front yes it does increase understeer, but if you're going for a handling/drift machine then this is not a problem. I was looking for front and rear sway bars for some time now. I'll have to order these later this week......anyone know if any additional custom work is required to get these to fit?

·
Registered
674 Posts
correct the pic is of two, but they get you because it is just a Rear sway bar I almost found this out the hard way :mad: I've been looking FOR EVER for a front sway bar and I cannot find one anywhere :banghead: :mad: I'm trying to go 21mm all the way around.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i always had the feeling the FD was more for looks than actual use.... Can any owners verify a noticable difference?

G

·
and if you think your getting both front and back with that please read again.....THIS IS REAR ONLY!!!! it shows two sway bars but it is misleading....read the discription.
Mercury Cougar (1999-2002 All) - Progress Technology Rear Anti-Roll Bar (21mm)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The FD front strut car does help lock up the front suspension. I have alot less torque steer or hard launches and alot more control through corners. Combined with my rstb, its probably the best thing i have done to my car.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I completely concur with Tropiccougar's statements.

I also have the FD STB (replaced my old OMP STB) installed in conjunction with the FTP RSTB. They have made AMAZING improvements in the handling performance in MY car.

I'm planning on adding the floor bar brace shortly (probably next week)...I'll post results following installation.

~CIII

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Charles, I hope thats not the floor brace that i think it is. If it is, its totally cosmetic and wont do anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts