New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Installed COld air intake and now CEL...

I need some input on what everyone thinks the problem could be....I hooked up my scanner and i got Both banks running Rich (entire engine) is running rich...

The only thing i think the problem could be is i have the IAT sensor mounted in the engine bay and its reading 100-110 degrees and it was 51 degrees out tonight....

The car also had a slight stutter to it sometimes....

I think i need to mount the IAT sensor up front in the bumper where the filter is...

what does everyone think>?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE:Just Installed COld air intake and now CEL...

I stuck a nose on the IAT and ran that to the lil nipple...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bs valve?

enlighten me please :)

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
nothing is wrong with the intake.....its the way you have the IAT sensor set up

it cant be the way you have it ....it must be directly in the airflow...you need to mount it directly in the nipple or some other place in the piping.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
No, its definately the BS valve.

The BS valve reroutes bilge rilated soot that form from the brakes and can sometimes get into the intake pipe. When the BS valve is disconnected it throws a CEL and everything runs rich.

Too common when you install a CAI if not placed PERFECTLY it will nudge the BS valve out of place.

My intake will be ready in a few weeks for $94.99 + shipping, complete kit. Extension for $24.99 + shipping.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ummmmmm....

WTF are u talking about!!!!!!!!!!

Bs valve!? hahahahaha

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
What the hell are you talking about CougaBalla? Are you on CRACK?

:bs: valve you mean?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
No, its definitely the BS valve.

The BS valve reroutes bilge related soot that form from the brakes and can sometimes get into the intake pipe. When the BS valve is disconnected it throws a CEL and everything runs rich.

Too common when you install a CAI if not placed PERFECTLY it will nudge the BS valve out of place.

My intake will be ready in a few weeks for $94.99 + shipping, complete kit. Extension for $24.99 + shipping.

Your posts make No sense and contribute nothing to the boards. You are a troll and nothing more. No one needs your useless banter on here, and NO ONE appreciates the :bs: you continually type every time you post. I am totally ashamed to have you in my Neco Chapter.

Now for some useful and INTELLIGENT information about CAIs, intake tract buildup and IAT Temps.

First of all you can install a CAI anywhich way you like... and in no way shape or form will "buildup" of any kind enter then engine which is not meant to. The PCV lines do pull oil into the engine....BUT they are designed to do so, and if you have the patience you can install an Inline-Filter on your PVC lines such as DanG did as noted in the 3.0Forum.

Also the nip is for the convience of those who do not have a place for the iat sensor..HOW many times do I have so say it? Meow has a BAT maf adaptor with NO place for the IAT sensor...

I never tested IAT temps from using the nip. Meoww has quite aptly shown that the iat sensor installed in a 9" long blue hose is not optimal and will read incorrect IAT temps.

My can on autotap would reads 48 degree IAT temps in a 50 degree night @ 50mph.. and 52 degrees while stopped. My IAT sensor is located in the AEM maf adaptor.

As for not installing a CAI perfectly causing CELs....once again :bs: I have had about 8 different intake setups on my car. So dont even go there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
It could be your BS valve, common problem with Cold Air Intakes.

Just sell it back and wait for my new design which bypasses the BS valve.

Is there a reason you are joking about this? Do you believe he doesn't have the CAI and you're calling BS? Or just hoping he doesn't know any better so you can confuse him?

There is a time and place to joke. When someone is asking a question about a problem they are having with their car, thats definitely not the time.

Your little explanation of what the BS valve does reminds me of some other posts under a different screen name.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it... CougarBalla has left our presence... you can now return to your regularly scheduled program :biggrin:

I agree with GMK that it's most likely the placement of the IAC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts