New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EVO with Turbo pushing 22 psi on 95.5oct gas 1/2 91 oct. / 1/2 100 oct.

EVO with turbo hoses DISCONNECTED from intake, and simple cone filter put on intake full 100 octane VP race gas

enjoy your laughs :) :)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I wasn't aware that Buschur had an AWD dyno
When did you go out there? should've let som of us Ohio guys know you
were in town. You must have trailored it out with the weather being as crapy as it is now.

LAter

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that isnt physcially my car, that is their stage 3 evo dyno plot, and i am running identical (right down to the S-AFC II settings) as they are so my car should be pretty identical.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
... so ladies and gentlemen... the next time you want to race an EVO, distract the driver by trash talking while your buddy sneaks around and pulls all the turbo hoses out. Then its an instant victory for the cougar! :biggrin:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yeah... i remember seeing one wrecked at the dealer... it was an old thread where he launched it right out of a window... so is 4500 the cutoff??? no more???

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Originally posted by: GnuLoCo
EVOs are cool that way. I wish Ford would develop an engine for boost. Put it N/A in a little Street Ka, and Full Boost in a sporty Car. That would rock. Everytime I hear the word EVO I think of this.

[GnuLoCo]
just remind yourself that your talking about ford and not the mitsubishi :)

Turbo-mitsubishi

SLOW V6-FORD

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Import-Killer indeed...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
Yeah... i remember seeing one wrecked at the dealer... it was an old thread where he launched it right out of a window... so is 4500 the cutoff??? no more???

no the fuel cut on this car occurs at 7700rpm like in the first pic, however, the funny thing is that, after about 6500 rpm without the turbo, the car ran out of breath so badly it stalled, so it didnt even register.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Hah! The car barely runs on gas - it runs on air! Now THAT's environmentally friendly.

What an amazing piece of work.

Mprtklr, do you have any photos of your Evo? I always thought your Cougar was one of the coolest I'd seen. Love to see the Mitsu...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Hah! The car barely runs on gas - it runs on air! Now THAT's environmentally friendly.

Mprtklr, do you have any photos of your Evo? I always thought your Cougar was one of the coolest I'd seen. Love to see the Mitsu...

heres the problem, the car has 850 cc injectors ( 32 lb/hr ) and so it is wanting so much air, and without the turbo, it is running dangerously rich. stoich is 14:1 without the turbo it runs somewhere like 30:1 range...

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
361!! that is awesome!
let me get this straight...your car has 58 bhp without the turbos hooked up?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: mprtklr
Originally posted by: Bennett9000

heres the problem, the car has 850 cc injectors ( 32 lb/hr ) and so it is wanting so much air, and without the turbo, it is running dangerously rich. stoich is 14:1 without the turbo it runs somewhere like 30:1 range...

Ummmmmmmmmmm..........

30:1 is MAD LEAN.........

1:1 is MAD RICH............

rethink your tuning logic :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yup you are correct, my bad, what my logic was saying was 30 parts gas to 1 part air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts