New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I just finished a 3L install for a fellow CEG member in his 1998 SVT Contour... :)

I did a 3L block/head, with his SVT cams and timing equipment, I port-matched the Oval intake runners to mate up with the SVT LIM/UIM, and installed a rebuilt MTX with a Torsen, and new SPEC stage 1 clutch kit, also MSDS Headers, and an Optimized 3L TB...

All I gotta say is............... DAMN !!! :evil:

This SVT is FAST!! and I didn't even push it past 5500 rpms, so as not to glaze the new clutch!!! But after it gets tuned, its going to be a Beast!! :cool:

Anybody here that wants a 3L installed, please start getting parts togther!! So worth the amount of money, no question! Motors go from $300- $500, and with labor and extra parts, you could look @ around $2000-$2500 and have a SWEET Cougar or Contour!! :bowdown:

Just wanted to share, because after test driving the Car for about 15 minutes, I walked into my kitchen laughing to myself because I had SO MUCH FUN!!! Dawn thought I was crazy!! :rofl:

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
how much would it cost for you to do a 3L for me, with oval ported heads, port matching for svt uim and lim, svt cams, and msds headers? pretty much much the same as above, i have all the parts mentioned

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I just broke my engine, i will be in touch VERY SHORTLY!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a big change is coming........

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God, I am getting way too busy!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Already lined up for November:
  • MTX - ATX swap in a Cougar
  • 3L + ATX-MTX swap in a Cougar
  • 3L swap in a SVT Contour
  • New SVt motor in a SVt Contour
  • New ATX tranny in an ATX Cougar
  • Replace Slave cylinder in a Cougar
Anybody else need something swapped??? :tongue:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Shoot count me in also lol, I would be willing to make the drive there from the west coast to you. I want a 3l so bad, plus with the svt cams should be sweet sweet! I should have all my parts soon then I have to save some for the install and engine. Lazer red cougars for the win, I will let you know though!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You can watch him do mine, i'm droppin the engine off 2mrw and then all i can do is wait for him to work his magic. Its like chirstmas too me, basically a brand new car......

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when can i help i wanna learn how to do the 3l swap i think ill have one coming up very shortly hehe..
I am starting work on it this Sunday... I have to finish Casey's Cougar right now, as i just finished swapping the M3 BMW (just need to get it to start, as it has a DEAD battery!! Won't even jump enough to turn the starter solenoid! :banghead:)...

Casey's goes back into the carport to be finished by Friday the latest (hopefully), and Jared's gets here Saturday for major reconstruction on Sunday!! Hopefully I can have some time to Port-match the 3L before this Sunday... will make the whole swap go smoother!

:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
You're sick... See help for your own good :rofl: I've done three swaps this year and don't think i really enjoyed ANY of them. Though it is rewarding when you're finished :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You can watch him do mine, i'm droppin the engine off 2mrw and then all i can do is wait for him to work his magic. Its like chirstmas too me, basically a brand new car......

so your finally going to be faster then my car ....

time to move up those turbo or 3L plans ... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
so your finally going to be faster then my car ....

time to move up those turbo or 3L plans ... :tongue:
Let me enjoy it for ATLEAST a year, please:):):):) U've only been faster for what, the last 4 years......:gtfo:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Let me enjoy it for ATLEAST a year, please:):):):) U've only been faster for what, the last 4 years......:gtfo:
depending on how the next few months into next year are you might get that wish, have to see what happens

I'll help Greg with the work sunday if you want

1 - 20 of 32 Posts