New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several (and when I say several, I mean SEVERAL!) types of subwoofers in my car ranging from low-range 12's to high-end pioneer premier 10 inches in my car and I have finally found a set that bumps!

My friend gave me an amazing deal on a set of used, but perfect condition, Rockford Fostgate 12's. I'm amazed by the quality and amount of bass these sexy subs can produce. I seen them running for around $340 used online and picked these up for $180. A definite deal.

The picture above is the exact setup, including the box, that I bought. Since I just got them, I haven't had time to take pictures so the above is a stock photo. I am just so impressed by them.

Anyone else hear these things bump or have a set? Quite good right?

I will work on taking pictures of them in my car and possibly a video tomorrow.

EDIT:
MSRP $499.99 :) what a deal!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what amp do you have for it?
It came with an insignia 1000w amp. Nothing special but it can move the subs without any issue. Since the subs have a 600w max rating, the amp is tuned only 25% up although I have an equalizer which takes care of the rest.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice man, i'm hoping to get some L7's before fest
Haha, I would love to! Not that rich though. Can't even make it to the fest :-( It is too far away...

Bring it around here and I would be there is a heartbeat!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, you guys know what I'm talking about. The P3's must be insane. Probably too much for me. Already I feel like I'm going deaf lol and I got P2's.

Well I had some time to snap some pictures and a video today. Please note... They are not fully mounted and looking beautiful (yet). I'm working on it. I'm editing the video right now and will post it on Youtube then embed here when finished.

Action shot of my P2 Rockford Setup

Up close shot of the P2 Rockford setup in action :)

My Cougar A.K.A. "El Cougo" - After wash and wax + HIDS :)

I'm working on the video so be patient!

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Nice buy... not a fan of RF, and definately not a fan of that box, its got more plastic on it than pamela anderson

We had a guy come in (when I was still doing car audio) and blew both of the subs, wanted new subs in that box, we refused to put subs in it... he didnt understand why, so we took a set of JL w3v2's and dropped in, hooked it up, and the plastic rattling, and port noise was horrendous (not to mention ive seen 3 or 4 of those boxes that leak)

As long as you like it, thats all that matters!!! a deal is a deal. enjoy your thumpage

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice buy... not a fan of RF, and definately not a fan of that box, its got more plastic on it than pamela anderson

We had a guy come in (when I was still doing car audio) and blew both of the subs, wanted new subs in that box, we refused to put subs in it... he didnt understand why, so we took a set of JL w3v2's and dropped in, hooked it up, and the plastic rattling, and port noise was horrendous (not to mention ive seen 3 or 4 of those boxes that leak)

As long as you like it, thats all that matters!!! a deal is a deal. enjoy your thumpage
I agree. There is some plastic but not too bad. It does rattle a bit. I'm working on fixing that. Otherwise the subs are decent compared to the previous subs I had.

It isn't too bad for the deal.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I agree. There is some plastic but not too bad. It does rattle a bit. I'm working on fixing that. Otherwise the subs are decent compared to the previous subs I had.

It isn't too bad for the deal.
I agree, not bad

Like I said, as long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters.

The port noise would drive me insane, and yes, I'd honestly notice lol

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
thats an interesting box.....not exactly what i would expect

if you want to have some subs that are fun, anything with an X or three will suffice.
the RE XXX, soundstream XXX , not the 18" variety though, thats just overkill.

i'm still a fan of my mayhem 900.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree, not bad

Like I said, as long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters.

The port noise would drive me insane, and yes, I'd honestly notice lol
I tightened up the screws on the box and it took care of the rattling. A lot better now and I think it sealed some leaks seeing as it hits much better now.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
ice992 what subs are you a fan of
I like kicker L7's, kicker soloX

I'm a fan of all of JL's subs... great quality IMO

RE audio has some great equipment also (and looks good also)

I like some JBL too, but not all of it (their "plus one" series IE p1224, really puts out some bass for the price)

Those are pretty much my choices

Like I said, thats just my opinion... my opinion has been formed from working in car audio, and having owned many brands, so I know what I like the sound of... just my $.02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts