New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just wanted to see if any one could help me just bought a 99 olive green cougar today and i need a set of fenders, head lights, tail lights, and the track is totally busted on moon roof. If anyone knows of where i can pick up some of the parts local that would be great.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
292 Posts
For the moonroof look in FS section. There's a guy that sell a cougar with an aftermarket SUNROOF that look awsome compare to our moonroof! And it should't be much more expensive, because replacing your actual moonroof will cost you $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Headlights and taillights can be snagged from a junkyard, or if you want new call up Bill Jenkins -- but the headlights will cost ya. (I bought a new set last year, $600 or so.) The roof is a whole other beast, upwards of $900 for just the parts -- best to close it, and disconnect the wires and be done.

You'll be suprised at how expensive these cars are to fix -- I find my DSM parts at 1/10th the cost of my Cougar parts, and the DSM parts are "rare".

Welcome to our nightmare... =)

E1

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Basically, you're in the same boat as everyone.. if you own a moonroof, it breaks... period. Took me 4 years to replace mine. I opened it to make sure it worked after replacing it, then I closed it and pulled the fuse. It'll work forever now. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts