New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this afternoon that Ken Griffey Jr signed a one year contract with the Mariners to be the DH.

I started following the Mariners in 2001, so he was already gone by then, but seems like one of those type of players that fans love and still consider him a Seattle player or hate and was glad he left.

and Spring Training starts next week ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Wow! I didn't know that... Should be interesting to see how it plays out

·
Registered
725 Posts
He has been my favorite player since I was little. I really wish he wouldnt have gotten hurt so much over the last few seasons becuse I really thought he was gonna be the one to break Hank Aaron's record. Im just glad he got picked up and now I can wear my Seattle Griffey jersey again!

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its only spring training, and IIRC, last year started out looking pretty good in the spring, but so far, the Ms have 1 tie and 3 wins out of 4 games :banana: AND have outscored their opponents 41:16!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hopefully his knee stays healthy, It should if he is just a DH. He still had some swelling from the surgery he had on it. It is nice to see him back in seattle where it all started. He is the current all time leader in homeruns among active players and only 5th all time. He could have smashed that record if he had stayed healthy and he would have done it with natural talent. He has one of the best swings in the game. It will be nice for Seattle fans!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts