New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know we just had the dec meet, but i had an idea for a meet in jan that would require a bit more planning. January 10th is the first day of the NAIAS up in detroit. I already plan on attending. I was planning on leaving the afternoon of the 9th, getting a hotel, goin to the show saturday morning, then driving back that evening. I went last year and it was about a 5-6 hour trip. We ended up leaving early saturday morning, staying at the show for 3-4 hrs, then driving back that night....and that really sucked. Anyways let me know what you guys think. The public show starts the 10th and ends the 19th. Tickets are more than reasonable at $12. The biggest expense would of course be hotel...but if we decided to split i think it could be fairly reasonable. Maybe we could even meet up with the motor cities chapter or something, or even bring in the ohio chapter. I think it has a lot of potential for being a blast so let me know what you guys think.

peace

EDIT: I just looked at the naias website, and for what it matters, group rates are $8 a ticket for a group of 25 or more.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
That would mean that we would be living on a Friday and then coming back on Saturday? Just trying to figure dates off, since I know my class starts back the 12th. I might be up for something like this, depending on the expense of a hotel since I know it will be expensive because the show is in town.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I wonder if we posted something in MC chapter if somebody there might be willing to let people stay with them? :shrug:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i like metallicacougs idea...my car insurance has just doubled and i don't even know if i can afford the $12 entrance fee to the show.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
so if we can't do this, does anybody want to do anything else in January?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we should just meet up some where in indy, detroit is a long ass drive

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
I am going to the show this weekend tho :biggrin: I will even get to drive the new mustang (the test car anyhow)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts