New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to see if anyone here has any feedback/experience on x-types. im inches anyway from getting an 04 3.0 sport. Which will also mean that my cougar will be for sale very soon. The mag reviews Ive seen said good things for that year, but i really dont trust magazines all the time.

Are parts expensive, or are they just ford/lincoln parts which shouldnt cost so much. Are they quick. I know they have 230Hp which isnt alot(especially in an atx) but should it be considerably faster than my 99 V6 MTX with SVT line and I/E ??

thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
I just wanted to see if anyone here has any feedback/experience on x-types. im inches anyway from getting an 04 3.0 sport. Which will also mean that my cougar will be for sale very soon. The mag reviews Ive seen said good things for that year, but i really dont trust magazines all the time.

Are parts expensive, or are they just ford/lincoln parts which shouldnt cost so much. Are they quick. I know they have 230Hp which isnt alot(especially in an atx) but should it be considerably fast than my 99 V6 MTX with SVT line and I/E ??

thanks for the input
I owned the 2.5L Sport 5-speed and the car was a blast to drive. The 5-speeds are rare in the X-type. I'm not sure on part costs because mine was still under the factory warranty when I had it. I'd imagine the Jaguar name on any part will mean a 200% markup though.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive read horror stories about the 02-03 models. there are a lot of cases where the tranny started slipping under 15k. and people saying the differential needs replacing early on. but from what i gather is that most of these problems have been address in 04. Im looking at paying 16.5k @ 45k mi. with NAV and all the extra (reverse sensor incl) it looks like a good deal. im a go for it.....Coming soon black cougar for sale...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts