New Cougar Forum banner

601 - 608 of 608 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
weather finally broke this weekend so i could go for a drive with the slicks. I live in BFE with mostly straight roads so i had to find a subdivision with some curves so i couldnt go blasting through there. still managed to get close to the fender when i hit some bumps. So double the speed and stabbing the brakes and im gonna be all over the fender. so 2 options. cut the fenders or stiffer springs. Ive got extra fenders so ill make some flares eventually, but the quick solution, and one i was going to do anyway, it stiffer springs. Its not going to ride as well anymore but itll be better on course

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #603
had the first 2 events of the season last weekend. the car is a good bit stiffer running down the road so that sucks. Car was a monster on the course. got the tire pressures dialed in on the first day really good. Last season i could run full stiff on the struts at Grissom, not now. Dialed them to half on day 2 and it was much better. The car is much faster than i am. Didnt have any rubbing issues. Each day I won the class on my first run (sunday it was my fastest anyway). Cleared the class by at least 1.5 sec each day. There were a lot of fast out of town people since this was the first event for most people and there are 3 national events there this year. On Saturday i was 78/113 PAX (61/113 raw) and on sunday 75/120 PAX (59/120 raw)

Very happy with the set up, now i just need to get the stupid codes from popping up all the time. I think i need to go back to the plastic uim/lim. i think ive got leaks where i cant check

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
How are the koni's handling the 800's? Obviously it seems to like it on the track

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
seem to be working fine. We have a local autox guru that has set up multiple national champ cars for years. His thoughts suspension is that if you have the right spring rates, it doesnt matter what struts you have on it. Granted these first 2 events were on concrete so the grip is much higher. couple weeks yet til the first event on pavement

·
Super Moderator
22,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Its been a bit since ive updated this. Lots of interesting things have happened this season thus far.
The Good:
-Ive clinched South Bend Region SMF class with 5 wins. If I do one more Ft Wayne event and join the region I can win there as well. My local regions events have not been able to run do to site restrictions, but we have done 3 Co Events, Ive won them all.
-The new spring set up is awesome, car has been handling well.

The Bad:
-I was on the way to the Hoosier Challenge and had electrical issues, had to turn around and take Goldie. Found that problem pretty easy and its all better, Yay
-This weekend the car was starting to hesitate a lot on course. Figured it was fuel related since it started when I got under 1/4 tank. Put gas in it the next day, still did it. Ran and got a fuel filter (10 years is good for them right) and changed that. No luck. So now I need to pull the fuel pump and see if its plugged up, and of course I now have over 3/4 tank. Hopefully i can get to that tomorrow.

Ive got one more event this season, maybe two. Id like to get it out again and have some fun, but Goldie has all the good bits on it too so it might be fun to see if i can beat the Fiesta ST that i normally run against in it

·
Administrator
24,407 Posts
Hahaha, awesome shots.

I want to try and build a splitter for next season.

601 - 608 of 608 Posts