New Cougar Forum banner

581 - 600 of 602 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
Got everything reassembled last night on the race car except for the exhaust since its on Goldie for now. It was late so i didnt get a chance to fire it up since the garage is on the other side of my sons room.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Got the exhaust on tonight. Car started right up, well mostly. Still having issues with the clutch switch, so after I pushed the button in my hand it started right up lol. Just need to swap the tires off of Goldie and back onto the race car

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
drove the car out to south bend last weekend to race. guy that was in 1st was registered was supposed to be there. he didnt show. i lie to think its because i waited until friday afternoon to register and he got scared and didnt show up. he has never been able to get more than 1 sec behind me. car drove great, i drove great. placed 10 in raw time 21/48 in PAX. that gives me the class for the season by a long shot

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Jaged what throttle cable/bracket combo are you using? I'm trying to find a good solution and the svt setup wont work without some serious welding and material adding.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #588
had the last event of the season this past weekend. it was very cold so i left the slicks at home. The lot is super bumpy so the car want very stable. Launched for the first run and had really bad wheel hop. Popped the hood after the first or second run and noticed the belt was missing the inside rib. Ran it the rest of the day with no issues. wasnt pushing the car hard, but the course was so tight and the lot is slick that i really couldnt push it anyway. Finished 2nd in the open class, and mid pack overall. So tired of dealing with issues with this car. i just want a problem free season where the only thing i have to change is tires.

Over all for my autox season i finished 1st in South Bend region in SMF and 3rd in HCR in the INR region. Just looking forward to the off season so i can focus on other stuff

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
wow. didnt post once in here last year..... Well to recap. Won Indiana Northwest Region SCCA SMF, as well as South Bend Region SCCA SMF. Broke the weld on the jackshaft on the first run of the last event in South Bend. Fuel pump started making all kinds of noise at the event as well, with 7/8th tank of gas of course. Had it trailered home, and its been in the garage ever since.

Last night I pulled the jackshaft off to build a 1 piece. Hopefully going to do this on the 15th.

On the fuel pump front, i talked with a walbro rep at PRI and they updated the fuel pump that we normally use and made them flow more fuel, so thats a plus for all of us.

Other plans for this season. Im really wanting to fit some 10" wide wheels. Ive basically got one option thats cheap in 4x108. i can redrill the hubs for 4x114 and not have to buy new street wheels since those are dual drilled. Just need to do some looking to see if i can find any that are affordable. I want to get a quick release wheel back on it. Needs new street tires all around, and an alignment

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Yeah I have 225's on the Rota's now, and I'm pretty sure those are 7" wheels. I would like to have something I could push to a 245.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #596 (Edited)
17x10 were just ordered. ordered new bearings for the supercharger jack shaft. one piece jackshaft is 75% complete. things are making progress for the first event of the season on April 19.

need to get it running again to see if the fuel pump is on its way out. it was hard to tell from the noise the broken jackshaft was making how much noise the fuel pump was making.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
One piece jackshaft got installed today. Also added a grease fitting on the pulley end. The bearings were scoarched that were in there. Fired it up and it was the quietest it has ever been. Was going to take it out for a drive and it proceeded to snow an inch

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #599
275's are mounted, that was an experience. The Hankook that ive run in the past are discontinued. Went with a Toyo proxes rr. Probably going to have to run a wider spacer, and potentially a stiffer spring (was going to anyway) just need to do the math. really dont want to cut the fender, buuut i have some extra fenders that i could make some flares and go widebody with it

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
Put the tires under the car and the fit really well, with a half inch spacer. Had to reposition the MAF so that it doesnt rub. going to have to do some trimming on the back of the fender just in case. Need to turn down the D ring to make it just O ring, and not a D. I dont think it will rub, but i dont want to take any chances. gonna get that done in the morning.

i also need to take the calipers off and just spin them to get the brake line running in the different direction, it will get rubbed on
Super excited to give these a try on the track, but thats going to have to wait til the end of the month

581 - 600 of 602 Posts