New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I jack up the car? I cant find a good piece of frame or anything to jack the car up on. I am using a jack I bought from autozone its just a standard floor jack. So where do I jack up the car in the front and in the back?

Please help. If you got a picture that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
From the side there are rails about 4 inches or so from the edge. At the front there is a rail that runs near the radiator. In the rear some people have used the tow hook but I'd advise against it.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Jack from the "pinch welds" on the side under the car, there are two notches that the jack goes in. (like ignert said)
as far as jacking the front or rear, you should only jack from the side of the car.
I can get both tires up on either side at a time. if you need to jack the front or rear use Jack Stands on either side.
or just use ramps.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
I think those pinch welds are for the stock jack, but for a regular floor jack I'd use that rail I mentioned. I'm talking four inches or so to the middle of the chassis, not four inches linear in from the wheelwells. I was unsure if that was the right way until I watched PuckPuck raise his car so he could lower his Ground Control Or should I say:

Jack that ***** up... then slam it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts