New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to jack up the car and put it on jack stands in the axels? Should i jack it up at the jack points? On part of the frame? I did a search i found nothing, lots on how not to jack up your car. Thanks for the help!

Chris

·
5,279 Posts
Excellent question! I was wondering the same thing.

If you jack it up at the jack points mentioned in the owner's manual, where do you put the stands? The base of the stand and the base of the jack are wide enough that the support point of the jack stand seems to be a pretty good ways aways from the jack.

Recommendations? I know you've all done this before ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did a search in exhaust archives and found a little about jacking up the cars. I ended up just putting the jack stands along the pinch rail. nothing bent, and it worked out really well. If you have questions pm me.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I usually just place the jack about 6 or 8 inches from the jack points and then put the jack stands at the jack points. Just be sure you jack it and rest it on the vertical rail, otherwise you could end up denting the bottom of your car.

·
5,279 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'll keep that in mind the first time I try it. I'll do a search in the archive too, pick up the same info that NoFear did.

(I got a great deal at Christmas at Sears, 4500 lb floor jack + 2 4500 lb jack stands + creeper for $50. Since the car is about 3000 lbs, that worked out pretty good.)

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts