New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering how everyone with a body kit on there car jacks it up from underneath? (as in the roush kits) and how in the hell do you get your car on a mechanics lift or the lift they put your car on when they do an alignment on, how do you do this without scratching up the body kit??:banghead:

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
WHen I put my kit on, I used a floor jack with a block of wood to keep the jack from hitting the skirt. I've not had to have my car on a lift yet, but would be interested in what others have done. (and hope I don't get a flat while driving, because think I'd be sitting on the kit - or pretty close to it :eek:)

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jacking up my car to change the oil with the roush kit on i go in the front through the 2 front valances but anything else seems like it would be near impossible to do. i have the ground control coil overs and maybe if i set them up to the highest setting i could get on a mechanic lift or the lift for an alignment??

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone tried using Rhino Ramps to drive the car up on first? Then if needing to get access to the front wheels, using a jack to jack the car up more, pulling the ramps out and then lowering onto jack stands?

·
So its begun.....
16,840 Posts
I have a low pro jack and my skirts still hit. The stock bumper BARELY clears it if I go from the front..

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
My buddy has one of those low profile jacks and it hits the kit too.
Much easier with the car on 2x10's and a normal jack.

·
is a pop sensation
13,672 Posts
Mine has one lift that my car will fit onto without help, otherwise, as michcougar said, they can use boards to get the car to clear.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i have a roush kit and BG's. I use the stock jack with a rag on the side of it. It will put slight pressure on the roush side, but since urathane flexs it just move out of the way. The rag keeps it from scracthin the paint. I do that untill it gets high enough to put a normal jack under it. As far a lift goes I take it to the ford dealer and they have very low profile lifts and they firgured out how to do it, cause its been on there lifts about 6 times now without scratches.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I use the 2x4 method as well, it takes me 3 of them, though. I build a pyramid of the 3 and that gives me a stable base to drive up onto.

For the lift at the shop we use two 4' long 1/4" steel plates laid down to give me a straight, gentle incline to go up.

E1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts