New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an issue. I blew out one of my front tires... luckily while in my garage. But by blowing out a tire, I've made an already impossibly low car... even lower.

I can't fit my floor jack under the former jack points any more because the Razzi Kit is in the way. So I bought some Rhino Ramps and successfully placed my front tires on those thinking I could just jack from existing points since the car would be high enough to slide the floor jack under the razzi. I was right... but did not count on the ramps going farther than the stock points.

I could continue jacking on the rail about a foot back from the front tires, but then the neons are in the way. They are just close enough to the rails that if I try and jack up there... I'll crack them.

so... I can't seem to jack my car up to remove that wheel to get the tire fixed. Any ideas?

Only idea I have left is to jack up from the front some how. But I can't figure out where to jack from... I still have a splash guard so I can't see any frame.

Please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Yea the splashguard covers the subframe, I always use that as a jack point. Right from under the front of the car you'll see the 3 screws in a row holding the splashguard onto the subframe.

Mike

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you cant fit the jack under the front bumper you can try what I do. I jack my car up from the rear in the middle of the crossmember, then put jack stands under it. You should have enough room to get the jack under it once you have the back on jackstands. Thats the only way I can fit a jack under my car and I have a "Blue Monster" jack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.