New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with a body kit on, where are the best spots to jack the car up.. I have the wings west kit and was just wondering..if u have pics that would help

G

·
yeah i have the kaminari kit and i lost my factory jack points.
there a spot behind the front tire thats about 2 inches wide and about a foot long ,that i use.
but put a piece of flat wood between the jack and the car.
i don't know about the wings west kit but i can still get jack stands to the factory spots.
as for as the back spots, i haven't found a good one. theres a spot but the brake lines are in the way and you have to slip the jack between the car and the brake lines.

i can show you at the meet if your going

G

·
You will no longer be able to use a factory jack stand, with out some difficulties. you will need to get a floor jack instead, for ease of use.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive got a floor jack, but wheres the best place to place it without damaging anything

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have the WW with GC at full slam. If I am needing to raise the front driver side, I turn the wheel all the way to the left and slide the floor jack past where the tire once resided and go about 4-6" from the edge. There is a metal weld that goes the majority of the way back. I center it on that. Since the weight of our car is not evenly distributed, this spot will raise both the front and rear of one side. If you want right and left front or right and left rear up, you will need a jack stand also. Jack up in that spot and place the stand either in the front or rear depending on what you want up. Then go to the other side and jack either the front or rear. It is more work, but it is worth it in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.