Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this link out to Spark Plugs.com

I was looking at the "Premium Class" Plugs, namely those manufactured by NGK. Among the two available in that class, are the platinums really worth $12 a piece or should I just go with the IX's?

Please note: I have a 2.5L V6 Auto w/o much modding. It has about 64K on it and I am looking to do a complete tune-up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Double plats will last longer in these engines as the current flow will eat away other materials...

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Spark plugs don't make power...

Utilizing the proper plugs will give you the power lost from having old plugs in there.

If spark plugs reall made power that easily, they's probably be $100 a piece. But remember the spark plugs do nothing but spark. And you want the ones that will spark properly for the longest period of time.

Double platinum plugs are the rewuired plug for hese engines.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I kind of figured they don't give you power... just restore it. However, what I am asking is of the two types named, which will restore power better? Are they pretty much the same except one may last longer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Ok, let me try this again...

The engine requires double platinum plugs. If you'd like the explanation why, feel free to PM me.

Notice that iridium is not a double platinum plug, so I can't see why we are having this conversation anymore. The Iridium has Iridium and Nickel in it. Platinum is optimal...

If neither plug will "MAKE POWER" then how could one restore it better, especially when I'm telling you to get the double plats.

Many people have the iridiums, and they work well, but they are more expensive and won't last. So you'll be dropping like $50-$75 on plugs every year maybe. Which means the plugs will be causing a power loss over that time, and you'll be wasting money in the long run.

I run coppers due to my Nitrous, and change them every 6-7 months even without spraying, and the Nickel in the iridium plugs will degrate fast just like this.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
ha ha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.