New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body kit picture...

It's almost finished. Im waiting on the side skirts from CustomCougars... I like the way the black on the front flows with the carbon fiber predator hood... the sides will be 01-02 WW sides...
Im thinking about paint the top of the car black(not the pillar's, just the sunroof and that area) then down the trunk-lid, and V it off down the back too... I dunno if im gonna do that, but i am definately painting the blade part of the WW wing black...

EDIT: BTW The fog lights are 4" Hella Optilux 2500's

Tell me whatcha think:

Attachments

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
RE:Body kit picture...

Looking good. *mmust not say...itt*

I recommend you paint your headlights black. That will match your hood and bumper quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
RE:it's on and painted. Body kit picture...

I love it ry! I humped it when you werent looking :)

Wish you would have just got a pic by it self, the ghetto ass coug in the back takes away from the value! -hehe-

I cant wait to see those sides.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
RE:it's on and painted. Body kit picture...

Where'd your cougar go!

ohhh wait, i see it in the back

i kid. looks nice. id get the drift too if i were buying a kit.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I like it alot...

And as far as what everyone's hinting about you "copying" the paint design, personally I don't buy it.

Copy the paint scheme of someone who lives down the street from you--> Problem.

Copy the paint of some guy that lives halfway across the country that you've seen pictures of and won't meet in real life--> No Problem.

There's only so many ways you can do it. Someone smarter than me said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

There's my 2 cents. :cool:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I love it. Finally a daily driver with awesome looks and good performance. And i dont buy the copied Crispy's car crap either. You car is soo difference from hers it shouldnt have even been said.

Damn good job dude. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: ZUM
the ghetto ass coug in the back takes away from the value! -hehe-
w00t, my car is in a picture, now ya all gotta tell me watcha think of the POS :p

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
damnit ryan, i just realized you have a mercury front grille and a ford emblem on your ass, change that front grille biatch!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
damnit ryan, i just realized you have a mercury front grille and a ford emblem on your ass, change that front grille biatch!!!
Im saving up for the WW Grill

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
that scheme is played out? whatever - it is my goddamn scheme... :cry: this REALLY blows... I suppose it was only a matter of time before even I started to look cookie cutter again..

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Looks awesome, Ryan! Wish I could have come to the meet to check it out in person.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I dunno........looks different to me, and all coming from Ov3ns hood idea IIRC......i think thats the first place i saw it and so what if an idea gets used??

Like thats the first time that scheme has ever been put on a car :rolleyes:

If anything, why not just use it as an excuse to further your creative process, to find unique ideas and things to set you apart. If I had any interest in modding my car anymore, I have about 12 different things I have yet to see on here, but even if I did them and someone else did that mod or blatantly copied it....who cares?

Just as long as no one else adds the cougar letters to the front of their car, then we'll all be fine :wiggle:

rylee44 - Sharp lookin ride, dont worry about the peanut gallery comments :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
I dunno........looks different to me, and all coming from Ov3ns hood idea IIRC.
i seem to remember the same thing....

this is one of his first chops of such a design...

if i remember correctly he did a yellow one before this one though.

the one i posted is slightly different, but it gives the same idea....

looks nice tho man... and TennisMenace does bring a point to the table, if your not going for the big time shows it's not too big of a deal, but for those who do, the judges are going to see it as 'overplayed' and you may or may not loose some pts.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
the bumper idea was original... same with my WW grill insert --- thats all I am referring to.. not to the painting the sides of the CF hood... his car and my car look the same.. its the same damn car color even which I think pisses me off the most..

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by: Crispy
the bumper idea was original... same with my WW grill insert --- thats all I am referring to.. not to the painting the sides of the CF hood... his car and my car look the same.. its the same damn car color even which I think pisses me off the most..

Awright, crispy I'll get the No Limit grill so that it wont be the same. They do resemble each other, but ohh well, the only time we'll probably even see each other is at cf2k4. The only color thats the same is the Laser Red, which alot of people have, so you can't be mad about that...

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
you know it should be flattering that ppl use your design. who's rule is it that when someone does something to their car, others who like it can't do the same thing.

remember: rice isn't a lot of ppl doing the same thing to their car........it's a lot of ppl doing stupid things to their car and thinking it's the hottest or fastest thing on the planet.

your car is hot crispy, ppl like the idea, and you should be damn proud of it!

M

1 - 20 of 105 Posts