New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cougar broke down on me again.....whats the problem this time?? fuel pump finally went out i believe. i started up the car, put it in drive, went to go and it didnt. i turned off the car, put it in park and tried to start it up and nothin. i was happy that it broke down but then i was kinda mad too, but its kinda funny in a way. oh well.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok now the car is running like nothing happened, what the crap is going on with my car??? please help.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: BasSpyder420
i was happy that it broke down but then i was kinda mad too, but its kinda funny in a way. oh well.
Why were you happy? Why is it kinda funny? :shrug:

·
Registered
441 Posts
the cougar broke down on me again.....whats the problem this time?? fuel pump finally went out i believe. i started up the car, put it in drive, went to go and it didnt. i turned off the car, put it in park and tried to start it up and nothin. i was happy that it broke down but then i was kinda mad too, but its kinda funny in a way. oh well.
I dont think thats funny either... It could be your fuel pump but it could be a few other things. Your pump may have sucked up some sediment if your tank was low and it could have clogged your system. When was the last time you cleaned out your fuel system or replaced your fuel filter? Might have a sticky IACV. It controls the air flow when your car is at idle. If it wasnt opening you engine will not be getting any air to burn.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: ignernt
i was happy that it broke down but then i was kinda mad too, but its kinda funny in a way. oh well.
Why were you happy? Why is it kinda funny? :shrug:
because the car has been bucking for a long time now, and we couldnt find anything wrong. even when i had to replace my coil pack, we had a diagnostics ran, nothing showed up, i knew it was a matter of time. i dont know why it was funny it just was. i changed out my fuel filter like not even 2,000 miles ago, and the last time i put fuel injector cleaner in there was right after christmas. ill put some more in there today, but even when i do that, it still bucks a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts