New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
mike has his on for5 years and ever had an issue, i have had my license cover on for 5 years and have never had an issue. i have encountered cops numourous times (like last night)and they have never taken a second look
but thats not to say that u wont run into one hot shot with nuthing better to do then find everything wrong with ur car

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
something like 4 or 5 years here too... and i've been pulled over by the worst cop in the city (according to 'POINTS' :tongue: ) he didn't mention my tint (20%) or taillight covers

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Most likely you'd be fine with them. If you were to get a ticket for it it would either because the cop is a straight-up punk, or if you got lippy with him.

Aka: a$$hole ticket.

As far as the cobalt is concerned, thats the way the car comes out of the factory. So they can't penalize you for it being stock. Just because this mod makes the Cougar to resemble the Cobalt is not justification for the modification.

Basically if a cop knows that what you've done is not allowed and he/she calls you out on it. Don't argue with them. The best you can do is plead ignorance and say you're sorry. But like everyone else has mentioned, it will most likely never come to that.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
has there been anyone on these forums from ontario that have encountered a problem (via, police) with these tail covers?

do you guys have these on?
Why, Are you a Cop??? :goofy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
i did the same thing with my civic and i didn't have any problems either.... its one of those things where no one really cares i guess. if there was a real problem then i'm pretty sure the general public would know about it. but the fact that you asking means that its not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
How about when it rains and all that? winter... wont the tape be less adhesive and the cover might fall off while driving?
Nope, otherwise there would be a lot of body kits flying off cars. :ugh:

Trust me if it's put on right you will break the covers trying to pull them off if you're not careful.

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Nope, otherwise there would be a lot of body kits flying off cars. :ugh:

Trust me if it's put on right you will break the covers trying to pull them off if you're not careful.
Exactly right. If you prep the tape properly, it will NEVER come loose. My whole Roush kit was held on with 3M double-sided tape that was prepped with adhesion promoter... that thing might as well have been cemented on. It wouldn't even budge!

Take a little time and do things properly, and you'll never have to worry about it again. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts