New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i'd save my money, don't buy it. seems too fake to me.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
why don't you try this instead?

electric supercharger

I actually got instructions for how to make one, I have all the parts, but just haven't had the time to put it in. It consists of a boat blower (a type of fan) that you put into the intake piping, and it blows air into the TB.

Mike

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
why don't you try this instead?

electric supercharger

I actually got instructions for how to make one, I have all the parts, but just haven't had the time to put it in. It consists of a boat blower (a type of fan) that you put into the intake piping, and it blows air into the TB.

Mike
You're actually going to try that ? :rofl::ugh:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let him find out for himself that it really doesnt work.

·
Registered
723 Posts
ALL of his feedback is from buying - not selling. I'd be careful, seems too good to be true. There are people on eBay selling something similar for around $4.00.

·
5,052 Posts
All of his feedback is not from buying, he has 8 where he was the buyer.. the rest are from selling.
Irregardless I wouldn't buy one of these if it were that easy to make reliable horsepower don't you think
the car manufacturers would have jumped on this.
If you really need one of these you can build it with materials from radioshack... I wouldn't bother
though, might as well buy the turbonator and that special wax that makes your car more aerodynamic.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
doesn't hurt to try it. It's not like I paid $70 for the thing like the "TORNADO". It was a couple bucks for the fan, so why the hell not? I have the electrical know-how...

MIke

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
doesn't hurt to try it. It's not like I paid $70 for the thing like the "TORNADO". It was a couple bucks for the fan, so why the hell not? I have the electrical know-how...

MIke
Till the fan blades, and ball bearings get sucked into your engine.........
Use your electrical know-how to rebuild your engine when that happens :)

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
Do you really think a FAN can blow air into your engine faster then your engine can SUCK it in? I think not. Putting this fan in front of your intake will only decrease the amount of air getting into your engine. This is just stupid.

·
THE NECO Newfie
1,762 Posts
$300 for 1 psi
$4000+ for 10 psi

300:1 ratio (electric supercharger)
versus
400:1 ratio (vortech supercharger)

Cost to performance ratio still favors Vortech IF this thing is legit. I would not buy this til I heard someone else verify the results :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
check this out
that's similar to what I have, just a lot more sophisticated, powerful and more expensive!

And after looking at the intake and figuring out the best place to mount this fan, I figured the best place to put it would be in the filter itself, so it would not restrict any airflow whatsoever. It spins at 24,000RPMs.

Mike

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Whats REALLY sad is I know someone with that Tornado thing who made a dry ice tray inside their airbox. Extremely cold air box, but dumb ass idea for all the moisture and mud build up all throughout the intake piping.
I dont think it can get any worse than that.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: mercurycougar
check this out
yes, they will give you your money back... but guess what?
you have to get your engine dynoed before and after the install...

sounds like a pain in the ass to me.

... and direct from their site:

"NEW UPDATE (9/9/99): After additional comprehensive testing, we have found that some engines do not respond to the added air-flow from the e-RAM."

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
the vortech superchargers spins at what, 65K RPMs? This thing spins at 24K RPMs, more than a third of the s/c. It has to give you some power.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts