New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around a scion forum and someone linked a site sponsoring their tc, well they also have a Cougar. Does anyone know who it is or if they're a member?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I was at a show earlier this year and saw the car as well -- I don't know if they are a member or if they checked out my car but according to the plate they live somewhere in Wisconsin...

I personally did not like his car -- the work was nice but the kit and the paint scheme just aren't my style - but then again its not my car

we posted this picture on TeamNECO right after the show - there was also a yellow flake one at the same show with flares..

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Im sorry IMO that kit will never look good to me. No matter what color or wheels.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Crispy
I was at a show earlier this year and saw the car as well -- I don't know if they are a member or if they checked out my car but according to the plate they live somewhere in Wisconsin...

I personally did not like his car -- the work was nice but the kit and the paint scheme just aren't my style - but then again its not my car

we posted this picture on TeamNECO right after the show - there was also a yellow flake one at the same show with flares..
Ya I'm not a fan of the kit at all, the paint is kinda interesting but the whole thing is to crazy for me. He also needs to lose the 99-00's up front :cover:

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I liked the paint scheme
Wow, seriously? That has to be the worst fade I've ever seen.

I actually printed that pic when I saw it on TeamNeco to show my painter. He simply laughed and laughed... He assumed the kid painted it himself trying to learn how to paint, because there's no pro's around here that'd do that garbage...

E1

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Originally posted by: jfish43He also needs to lose the 99-00's up front :cover:
Ya know they wouldn't be so bad if he at least pulled the orange reflector out. That orange reflector stands out like a sore thumb.

I'm with Matt, good idea, bad execution.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Originally posted by: EternalOne
I liked the paint scheme
Wow, seriously? That has to be the worst fade I've ever seen.

I actually printed that pic when I saw it on TeamNeco to show my painter. He simply laughed and laughed... He assumed the kid painted it himself trying to learn how to paint, because there's no pro's around here that'd do that garbage...

E1
so its ok for me to now admit that we took the picture so we could post it and make fun of it.. ? :rofl: Same with the yellow one that was at the show.. it was the worst widebody job I have ever seen.. nothing lined up.. there were huge gaps and the paint was aweful.. I was secretly VERY happy inside because both of those Cougars made mine look so much better and much less flawed..

We walked around the 2 days with TeamNECO and CougarFest tshirts on hoping that those owners would take the hint and log onto the board and get some inspiration to fix things..

Not sure who that guy is in the silver Cougar but he was posing like crazy when he saw me start whippin out the camera because I had to capture it and post it immediately that night. I honestly don't like that kit at all - its one of my least favorites but I gotta say that his paint job did not flatter anything at all.. however I am impressed now that the entire car got repainted.. we checked it out up close and it looked like it was just a Melina Blue with Silver blown ontop..

Also the molding was not as flawless as pictures show..

Here is the yellow Flake Cougar as well.. pictures don't tell the story as well as seeing it in person - the front bumper was about 3 inches inset compared to the fenders w/flares.. also his rear bumper was rubbing on the BACK rubber of his tires because it was misaligned so badly.

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
playa hata

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.