8,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See attached pic, give opinions here.

I photoshopped:
painting lower grille black
and
painting the concave part of the hood scoop black

My personal opinion..
dono about the scoop.. but painting the lower grille black will definitely get rid of the 'toyota camry' look of the 2001s..

·
Registered
428 Posts
Personally, I like what you've done to the grill. It looks very clean. As for the scoop, it's a matter of personal preference, but I don't care too much for it. Paint the grill, and leave the scoop as is. Nice ride, BTW

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nick - I was kinda plannin on doin somethin similar.. Cept I was debating on cutting out those stupid slots we have in out '01 front bumper and replacing it with a grille of some sort.. looks like it would be a pain in the a$$ to cut it and form a grille in there tho.. hmmm.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
I like the grill.....I did a similar (if not nearly as professional looking) photoshop with the first pic of the '01 I saw....I'm almost thinking that I'd like to put a '01 front bumber on my '99

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Gee Nick, where'd you get that idea? I vaguely remember someone suggesting that not too long after you got the Zn...
Obviously, I dig the grille idea. Cutting could really suck, but painting may work.

I'm not too keen on the scoop idea, though, so if you're wanting the black stripe, I'd go with the Kamanari w/ CF strip.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
ahhhh man!! get out of my head ov3n i was thinking somthing like when i bought the car..i even tryed to photoshoop a 01 befor i even had my car to see what it would look like with a grill in there...(i suck with paint programs so it didnt turn out to good)

..ya i would get the cf insert kam hood

G

·
grill yes, hood no...........i think if you have the money, be the first to get a billet grill that everyones talking about..........i think itd look pimp. but def. paint the grill black for now

·
Registered
305 Posts
I like both. If you're unsure about the scoop, don't paint it, get some black vinyl and cut it to fit. You could even try some of that faux carbon fiber stuff if you want. Although I agree the Kam hood with Carbon insert would look better.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I like both as well, I've got some black accents too....

Because there is lots of black trim on the cougar anyway (mirrors, headlights, windows, etc.), it looks more natural...

my $0.02....

I'm thinkin of photoshoppin' a black stripe, too...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.