New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to remove the centre console gear surround arm rest etc??? and stereo console(lower part) and dash with trac control heated screen etc.??

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thamks for the link but my comp wont let me onto anything to do with atomic internet for some reason never has??
could some one post it here?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Edit: Or you could go the link above this post. It's explained a lot better there.

This is a copy and paste. There are pics, but i dont have time to copy those over as well. I also edited out the portions that talk about removing the rest of your dash as well. Seems how you didn't ask for that part. And As far as taking out the center console. IIRC there are several screws inside the armrest storage area. And then there is a screw with a small plastic cap that will just pop off on each side of the console where they meet with the dash. Other than unhooking the shift boot for an mtx or taking off the shift knob for the atx the center console should come right off.

-remove the 4 button console(where the defrost/traction control and alarm indicator is) by prying off the unit, I did this from the top it comes out easily, and I suggest prying from under the "buttons" that don't depress.

-remove your stereo, using the stereo removal device of your choice.
-remove you ashtray, and the black surround around the cig lighter(AKA Power Point) this will expose 2 Screws

Remove the Torx Screw inside of where the 4 button console came out of

Remove the 2 Torx Screws from the stereo opening

Remove the 2 Phillips Screws from the Ashtray opening.

Now the trim peice around the stereo and 4 button console should just come off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.