New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little new, and this topic has probably been brought up before... I have a degree in marketing, and I heard somewhere that the Ford targeted the cougar at younger females. Marketing does have a large impact on the overall design of the car in the development phase, so it could be argued that it was designed with girls in mind.... However, I've noticed that only about 13% of registered owners on this board are females.....

Any comments?

'cause...

Some people at work give me s%$# like their sister drives a cougar (etc.), but I think they're just jealous.

Personally, I picked the cougar because it looks VERY unique, is kinda fast, and large car payments generally suck. My opinion; better to buy a $15,000 cat, add a $5,000 stereo, and maybe another $5,000 in other mods (rims, performance, etc.) than buy the Benz C230 off the showroom floor for $30,000+....seems like a no-brainer to me. It's just better...

What do you think?

·
Registered
733 Posts
go the thread beneath ures, "computer diagnostic code" in his website, on one ofthe links, there are articles about the cougar, i dont know if it was designed for females, but there was a good percent off women who were cougar owners, the male % was still higher, if u do look at his website, ure going to have to so some searching

·
Registered
733 Posts
two questions amber, are ure underbody neons illegal, and how does ure borla sound?

·
Registered
514 Posts
(1) Underbody neons are not illegal if you cannot see the bulbs;
(2) My Borla exhaust will be installed on Tuesday, May 1st thanks to Pikachu
, it's on his car now but it sounds nice

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i have borlas and they ROCK hehehe

oh and more women that like a cougar the better (me being a guy owning one hehe)

if some girl is gonna say "nice ride" to me more power to them

G

·
Last I saw, the breakdown of Cougar owners was about:

60% female
30% male
10% male and female share

Or maybe it was 50/40/10...either way, more females drive Cougar than males. Like v6cougar, I do not mind this fact in the least

G

·
next time im slammin down the street doing about 110mph and a prelude sh is winding out just tryin to keep up with me and were weavin in and out of traffic and onto shoulders, ill be thinking of my cougar as one of the girls wrestlers

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, the target consumer for the car was 60/40 female/male, and I believe the age range of around 20-35 or so (less sure on the age range).

As for the girl car... huh, good question. I certainly don't see that when I look at it but like greg said, if it attracts the ladies' attention, then all is good for me.

I was thinking about Miatas the other day (after reading an article comparing them with the Toyota "Mister 2" (MR2)). I've always thought of them as a "chick car" (no offense to anyone) based purely on their looks. But on the other hand, they move good and have a pretty big aftermarket and a large enthusiast following. So who knows.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
In my opinion as a chick I would say that the Cougar is not necessarily a chick car... I believe that there are many more cars out there that look it more.. But every car that I do own I try to do stuff to it to make you think that there is no way a chick drives that... I think its awesome that when you see me you would never ever expect me to hop into my current ride... heheh that freaks out lots of people at grocery stores and malls... in my opinion I think the majority of owners that I see on the roads are the elderly or 40-50 bracket... I'm 31 but my BF says that my car is a 16 year old's wet dream...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
I teach 16-18 year old males and females at a military academy. I can tell you that I started parking my Cougar where they can't see it because of all the questions I get about it and all the fuss it causes. "WoW sir I like your car". I have never had a male or female say anything negative about the Cougar, of course maybe that's because I'll drop them for some Physical Training (PT)

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
of course, if you go to Cougar Fest, the ratio for females to guys is like 90 to 10. LOL

Ages mostly range from 18 - 35. However, I did meet a 16 yr old girl at cougar Fest and there was a retired couple there also (which the retired couple is coming to Cougar Fest again this yr)

·
Registered
770 Posts
In the new commercial for the Eclipse they are playing this song that different groups of people are singing along with. 99 percent of the shots are of car loads of women and only two shots show guys and they are in the background. Interesting what you notice after reading NECO.

G

·
the number 1 chick car the Volkswagon Beetle, Come to think of it, Volkswagon is a chicks car company !!! all the cars are chick cars!! the jetta, the cabriolet, beetle, the passat? they all sound like girl cars. the names sound like nail polish colors.

G

·
I had some guy tell me he thought my car was sexy. He said he was going to buy one for his son, but some other really good deal came along and he took that instead. I was wondering if the cougar was a chick car or not when I bought it, but when you see it, look around at the people driving. I honestly see a pretty even mix of people driving them, and a lot of middle age people too (nothing against middle age people.) I think people recognize that it's a damn good looking car.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
mine is a flirty tease... nice yellow and sexy, she revs at the light but declines most races. (mainly because i have a warrant out for my arrest because i havent paid my speeding ticket yet)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.