New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor who is a complete Ford hater said that my Cougar was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. Funny thing is, he wasn't joking!! Unless its manufactured by GM he doesnt want to hear it. :crazy: He even hates my sisters 03 Tiburon which is realllly sexy. BUT AFTER ALL, Hyundai is FARR from GM.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol wat a jerk neighbor. I agree about the vinyls, looks better without them. but comon, its not uglier than any GM out there. I keep seeing those stupid solstice and ssaturn sky crap around and ppl drive them like their super fast and they get all douchebag-y on the roads like theyre in somekind of ferrari...and then theres buick... same 120 year old engineers working on their designs, as you can tell they've always looked the same...ahh dont get me started on GM!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
lol wat a jerk neighbor. I agree about the vinyls, looks better without them. but comon, its not uglier than any GM out there. I keep seeing those stupid solstice and ssaturn sky crap around and ppl drive them like their super fast and they get all douchebag-y on the roads like theyre in somekind of ferrari...and then theres buick... same 120 year old engineers working on their designs, as you can tell they've always looked the same...ahh dont get me started on GM!
Obviously you've never been to an autocross and seen what the Solstice and the Sky can do. And don't forget GM makes the Corvette.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Obviously you've never been to an autocross and seen what the Solstice and the Sky can do. And don't forget GM makes the Corvette.
But Ford makes the Shelby! :tongue:

the car looks fine. But as everyone else said Lose the vinyl. ;)

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, yeah...my neighbor hates anything other than GM. GM is ok, I like the SS Cobalts and Corvettes and the 09' Camaro looks pretty nice. BTW HE DRIVES A 05 4DR COBALT 2.2. And i'll probably take the vinyls off soon, maybe before the snow comes I just hope the paint doesnt want to come with it!:cool:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Warm soapy water and a nice razor blade scraper. You just have to hold it straight so it doesnt scratch. But if you do it right you wont have nothing sticky on the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i was excluding the corvette. as for the sky and solstice, i almost drove one off an on ramp about a month ago getting on the highway. the guy cut me off to get on the highway (like a douche he is) and so i stuck up his butt on the on ramp and he was pretty much understeering his way into a ditch lol. could of been that he cant drive! but no one underestimate the handeling of a cougar! with a good set of tires your good to go.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Warm soapy water and a nice razor blade scraper. You just have to hold it straight so it doesnt scratch. But if you do it right you wont have nothing sticky on the car.
You're insane if you try that! :crazy: Guaranteed you will wreck your paint.

Just heat them up with a heat gun or hair dryer, peel them off and use Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky stuff.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Im with Mav on this one .... only thing you should do witht a razor blade around a car is scrape something off the windows. Thats fing crazy.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
lol.. you don't have to scrap the vinyl.... just ADD a bodykit, wheels, springs and tint :rofl:
Graphics pretty much only work as icing on the cake... but you've gotta have a nice cake to start with!

.........mmmmm... cake. :drool:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hmmm in my autobody shop we did it all the time as long as your level and keep it perfectly straight. I guess if you dont have that good of practice with it the goo gone will work easier. Theres a phenumatic tool we have also called an eraser wheel, I used that one a few times and it worked good.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the vinyls off today. MY FINGERS ARE WRECKED. I was thinking about a black pinstrip and darkend tailights. I've seen some Cougars on here with smoked tailights and I think they look really good. Any clue where I can get them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts