New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, keep in mind that I'm car illiterate and very paranoid about keep my car in good shape. With that said...

A black Chevy Cavalier was tailgating me and I was already going 10mph over the speed limit. So, I brake checked them (when I do that, I don't really slam on the brakes, I just slow down very fast :lol
They didn't stop, so when the road split into 2 lanes, they decided to pass me. Well, me being Mr. Road Rage, I switched lanes and rode their bumper. They slammed on their brakes causing me to slamon mine. Thank God for ABS, but I could still hear my tires screech a little.

My question is, is my car going to be alright? I normally don't put my car through that much, but that guy was pissing me off. My brakes are sqeaking pretty bad (but they were squeaking before a little). Are my tires going to be ok? Like I didn't wear down the tread a lot, did I? I'm so paranoid...I know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your car, brakes and tires will be fine. The car is made to stop that quick. The more you slam on your brakes the faster you will wear them out, but you most likely did not do any damage. If I were you I would take a deep breath next time and let the SOB go or they might do something they shouldn't(shoot you!!). Just a suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.