New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the dealership today and i noticed that i really like the stock steering wheel off the 2001 c2. my question is could i switch steering wheels and still have the working airbag?,, and if so how much? and would it be easy ???,, and what would i have to do with the airbag off mine ??

G

·
lol yeah... you could do it... but would you be willing to spend alllll of that money? basically it would require you having to remove your entire steering wheel, air bag, and controls, etc. Then you've got to buy a NEW steering wheel, airbag, and controls, etc. (ford sells this as a package deal, not individual parts). So in the end, it would cost you damn near $1000 just to have a different steering wheel.

(I found this out because when I told the dealers that my cougar head on my 01 steering wheel was dented when i got it, they told me the entire wheel had to be replaced... they didn't sell the emblem by itself... which required having to have the airbags, etc. replaced)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
They replaced the whole thing? Hmmm...I was thinking about taking mine in cause the cougar head emblame is starting to get these weird white dots all over it under the clear coat. I wonder if they'll replace it under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts