New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere I can get a super/turbocharger for my 2001 V6 ATX cougar. Customcougars doesnt sell the turbo anymore and everytime I go to streetflight.com there isnt anything there and the Vortech super is only for 99 models so am I out of luck or what?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You can still get the turbo from streetflight unless they changed something. Try calling them. I don't think it fits on the auto though. Why not just have a local shop custom fab one for you? It would probably be the same price or maybe even cheaper than getting the one from streetflight. If I remember correctly, the streetflight turbo kit is $5000 and that doesn't even include install and tuning.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zex ,but the sad thing is that here in Arkansas there aren't that many people that I've seen that can but maybe I need to look outside of the tricounty area lol also Zex where did you get that Indiglow gauge and does it come in a silver face?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know the status of Nay Nay's turbo and expected date.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been told they are going to erase all of my post about the turbo kit.....I guess once again im a liar
I proved them wrong before...i'll just do it again.:tongue:

Thanks....
Stephen N Brown

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Dude you've been talking about having your kit done for OVER A YEAR!!!!
still no dyno plots and no actual installed pics

Maybe they just don't trust you.
you always say you "proved them wrong"
what did you prove and who is they?

just wondering
either way good luck and for christs sake get the kit done and install it.

later

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with both of you...it has taken a long time. Non that has been my fault. I trusted a company that kept my car for over 6 months and got nothing done.

When i say proven wrong is, the fact that my car was even at a Turbo shop. Hell.... they called me a liar until i posted pics of the kit. THEN i posted pics of it BOLTED ON the cougar.....Ebay ring a bell. But anyways, im as disgusted about the timing thing as anyone else.

I need to buy another flame suit because mine is about toasted:biggrin:

Later,
Stephen N Brown

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man NayNay I dont know about you but I'm tired of people attacking you lol I mean really people it's not his fault I know how he feels well not about the turbo issue but another problem about my car and it took well I dont know 4 months but there shouldnt be a reason for him to have a "flame suit" lol around people that share the same interest in cars but then the ones that are attacking are probably just a bunch of greedy little kids. Now please if you would people at least in this post stop with the attacking and just "where is the love" lol

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
This is getting way off topic...

But I have to say some things Naynay said were questioned by well educated people, and were merely questions. Take them as flames if you may, but leva real questions unanswered and all the asbestos in the world couldn't save you.

Back to the issue at hand. Go find a good perf shop, and give them your car fro a few months and get a kit fabbed, and all tuned.

I was quoted prices within the limit of the price of the current available kits, which included dyno time and tuning. The kit may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but if you find a reputable plce, it'll come out looking good and working like a dream.

if it were all about slapping a turbo kit on a car and on our way, every honda owner would have a 9 sec car and never wonder why they need a new clutch every other day, and why that piston is lying over there ----->

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lionheart check your pms but ill post here anyway. i'm in arkansas too and there is a very good performance shop in benton, Polk. i doubt they have any experience with the duratecs but they can make the headers and piping no problem. they have dyno tuning facilities and deal with a lot of front wheel drive vehicles. i'm going to be talking them soon about possibly starting on the manifolds and piping. manifolds alone would probably run about 700, so maybe if they were doing it for 2 they might even be more linient. if they are too unfamiliar with the engine and it's electronics i'm sure streetflight could handle a chip. hit me back if u wanna talk about it more

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
THEN i posted pics of it BOLTED ON the cougar.....Ebay ring a bell
jigga what jigga who?
When did you post pics of a turbo kit bolted on your car????? I wanna see what it looks like
I saw pics of A turbo bolted to A cougar front exhaust manifold. But that's not a turbo kit.

yes I remember Ebay you tried to sell your car there what does that have to do with anything.:shrug:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts