New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, its cold.

I was talking with 8Ball last nite on MSN, about how cold it is here, and how warm it is there. Last night, it was in the high 50's, low 60's in Florida I think, and here in BC, it was -17F. It gets so cold that most mornings, the car's not gonna start, and the LCD screens, they don't do anything, because they're frozen! He's never heard of a block heater in a car before, so I'm sure alot of you haven't either. I also have an electric blanket around my battery, or else it will freeze up solid! So, to all of you people who live where its sunny and warm, here's some pics of my car plugged in to the wall!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
thats crazy! my ohio winter has consister of 50 degree weather latly. its soooo crazy. but atleast my car isnt covered in salt!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I've heard of block heaters but not battery heaters.
Over at Action Auto (an auto parts store in town, duh) they actually sell water and oil heaters that are installed in the lines. There are also several different sizes.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: hamill
All Canadian cougars have a block heater and a little leather pouch that goes around the battery....there's not a heather in it as far as I know :confused:
I added the battery heater, believe me, it was a good idea!

·
Registered
787 Posts
The weather WAS nice yesterday and the day before, dry & 78 degrees, t-shirt weather, outside working on the car... Now today's hi is 33 and it has rained all morning :(

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Originally posted by: Rylee44
The weather WAS nice yesterday and the day before, dry & 78 degrees, t-shirt weather, outside working on the car... Now today's hi is 33 and it has rained all morning :(
yeah, sux to be in the midwest, eh ry?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ya, livin in missouri sucks. but like they say, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.

·
Timmah
3,050 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
Originally posted by: Rylee44
yeah, sux to be in the midwest, eh ry?
I hear ya there it was 65 the day before yesterday and now we have 6in of snow and it's 4 degrees. I'd kill myself if my car was exposed to that kinda weather. Mine is inside sleeping.

G

·
Hey PGcougar I also have one of those special hybrid cougars...Just had to plug mine in when I got home its a bone chilling -17 degrees out right now and within the night its supposed to get to almost -50 without wind chill. Also where did u get a battery blanket? I just got a new optima red top about 3 months ago and my car just about didnt start this morning so im thinking I could use one of those. Within the last week and a half we've almost gotten 2 ft. of snow and my car hasnt been handling to bad in it with the crappy tires I have. Except for I just got stuck on a huge pile of snow right when I left my girlfriends house. Anyways i'll get a picture of my temp gauge in the morning to see what she says.

edit...just looked on weather.com temp. for my zip is now -21F and feels like -40F its says....thats a little chilly

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bought the battery heater at Canadian Tire, where else? :biggrin:

Last night, it was around -32 Celcius here, with around a -50 to -60 Celcius windchill. It was cold.

G

·
Today I think the highest it got was about -13 then the wind picked up to about 22 mph so that made the wind chill unbearable. My boss said this morning where he lives which is a few miles out of town the wind was blowing around 28 mph and the wind chill was 76 below. But anyways the cougar has been holding up pretty well in this weather takes the little I4 a little to warm up but its all good.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Yeah I hear that dude I was *****ing cause the doors on the eclipse were
frozen shut this morning but at least the battery doesn't have to be warmed
so it doesn't freeze solid. That's cold

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.