New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if NECO or any of the cougar sites had an IRC channel. If so could you please post the channel/server.

·
Registered
902 Posts
No we don't... all we have is the "chat" that nobody goes to.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: Bales
I was wondering if NECO or any of the cougar sites had an IRC channel. If so could you please post the channel/server.
At one time we did, but the software we where using had a license that required that the server "renew" the license every 30 days. The company pulled the plug without warning and the software locked itself down after trying to renew the first time. I was pissed! I have my eye on some more IRC server software and will be buying it with left-over CougarFest funds is money allows.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: FastCougar
At one time we did, but the software we where using had a license that required that the server "renew" the license every 30 days. The company pulled the plug without warning and the software locked itself down after trying to renew the first time. I was pissed! I have my eye on some more IRC server software and will be buying it with left-over CougarFest funds is money allows.
How much is said software?

I miss the IRC channel.......

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
sweet!!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is IRC?

Z (jason)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I didn't realize how cheap it was ... just ordered it. Expect to have IRC up and running before the end of next week :)

Cost was $116
Trevor,

You are the man!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: zybo2004
Pardon my ignorance, but what is IRC?

Z (jason)
Internet Relay Chat.

Its a form of communication, but has tons of other functionality.
To connect to an IRC channel you need some sort of client.
I use http://www.mirc.com with an acidmax plugin.
:)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
server is irc.fastcougar.com and go to channel #lobby for all of you who use mIRC

and btw thanks fastcougar!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Awesome... Undernet I think gives away their irc server software for free... why didn't you want to use it?.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Stupid idle timeouts...

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: firebird12
Awesome... Undernet I think gives away their irc server software for free... why didn't you want to use it?.
I tried it and configuration is a PITA and their GUI sucks! It was orginally designed for UNIX servers and the ports to W2K are terrible. The software that I bought was designed on W2K and is awesome.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was wondering fastcougar, if you could do something about the idle timeout, and the disallowed nick changes. For all of us who use a seperate IRC client.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: firebird12
I tried it and configuration is a PITA and their GUI sucks! It was orginally designed for UNIX servers and the ports to W2K are terrible. The software that I bought was designed on W2K and is awesome.
Ahhh gotcha... I forgot that its a Windows server.. (I didn't even know Undernet made a windows port..)
Oh well, nonetheless.. it functions and I'm happy with it :) .. wanna change my name on NECO? :)

i was wondering fastcougar, if you could do something about the idle timeout, and the disallowed nick changes. For all of us who use a seperate IRC client.
Yes, I agree.. please do!

But for the time being, I cheat :) .. I set a timer to message myself every 5 minutes or so...

----

Unless.. there is a reason that you don't want us idling, in which case, I will stop the ol' timer and not idle...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ummm, yeah, i know this isn't the problem thread...but it has to do with IRC.....

i was having a conversation with a few people, when:

[16:12:54] * Connect retry #1 irc.fastcougar.com (6667)
[16:12:55] -irc.fastcougar.com- *** If you are having problems connecting due to ping timeouts, please type /notice 10709177741 nospoof now.
[16:12:55] * Closing Link: Bales[[email protected]] (K-lined: Excess Flood)
[16:12:55] * Disconnected

Any idea why this happened?

·
Registered
902 Posts
An ircop will have to fix it..
I take on this responsibility :) lol

You probably accidentely 'flooded' and it automatically klined you.
(K-line is a server wide ban... there is also gline which is network wide ban.. but dont worry about that as there is only one server)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Can you do something about the small user limit? (Or.. why is there a limit?)
How about the disallowed nickchanges? ... or the idle timeouts?

edit: Ignore the attached file.. I dont know how to get the attachments to stay unless the post stays..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts