New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened to me a while back.. but it was recently resolved through the court system. I thought I might share my story with everyone just to let them know just what happens to midnight thieves.

I was looking to sell some 16" chrome wheels off my old eclipse. I had put them up on ebay, but one of my friend's buddies where interested in buying them. So I grabbed one and threw it in the trunk of my coog. I drove over to my friends apartment and the three guys where there waiting. They where your basic ******* white *******..but I humored them. I popped my trunk and pulled out the one shiny chrome wheel. It was a 16" Cragar. Decent looking, but god I hate chrome. So they had to go. They ooooohhed and ahhhed. They asked if they would fit on their 88 Cadillac Cimmeron. Hehe I laughed to myself and said no. The bolt pattern was wrong.

So I tossed the rim back in my trunk and went out for the night. I arrived home around 1 am and had to GO real bad.....So Im sitting doing my thing and I hear a rustling coming from what I though was the bath tub.

I thought to myself. DAMN those rats! I'll kill them as soon as I'm done. My house had mice for a 2 week period, and the lil bas*%ds kept me up every night.

Then I heard "ding, ding, ding"...Oh crap I though to myself! MY WHEELS! So I throw some clothes on and run outside. As I expected the 3 wheels, I had left out to dry after being cleaned, were GONE!

Something told me the culprits had cut through my backyard and where on the road behind my house. But I couldn't hear or see anything! I looped the house once, ran back inside and grabbed the keys to my cougar. I started her up and FLEW down my steep crappy driveway. I took a right and ripped through my neigbors yard and onto the street behind my house.

I came to a stop and didn't see a single car anywhere. So I follow my gut and fly up the street and shift so fast i chirped 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I see a car ahead and I immediately turn my brights on and slam on my brakes coming inches from the car....only to see the bewildered face of one of the guys from the apartments. They where not getting away from me...not tonight. I furiously entered there tag number into my cell.....

They bolt through a stop sign and take a left. I follow suit and burn through intersection not giving them an INCH of leway. I easily overtake them..following them close and hard.

Not 10 seconds down the road do I have not one...but TWO cops riding my ass. Never before have I been so happy to see the blue light special in my rear view. But...if I was going down so where they...

The thieves see this opportunity.. and take a sharp right onto a side street. I downshift..slide through the sharp turn...and pass them in the wrong lane... Both cop cars barrel through the turn in full pursuit....

I pull the ebrake and slide sideways....and block the road with my cougar. Stopping just feet away from the thieves car.

The police surround us...and its over. I tell my story..they all tell incoherent gibberish and all 3 of them end up spending the night in jail, with a record. I got my 3 wheels back, they got their 3 months of court and jail time.

When I asked the cop if I would get in trouble for my stunt. He said. "I would have the same thing, follow me to the station and we'll get a report"

Sorry for the long post.. I just wanted to share!

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
that is truly a once in a lifetime classic story....tell this to your grandkids someday...they'll be like...yeah grandpa....you kick ass....

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
:banana: :cool: :cool: :cool: :banana:

man...that was much cooler than when I backed my dad's Altima out of the garage to block a tow truck from taking my car away :biggrin:

now...let's do a re-enactment :tongue:

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,714 Posts
Were they driving their 88 Cadillac Cimmaron?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Damn man that's one awesome experience. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Originally posted by: Bennett9000
Were they driving their 88 Cadillac Cimmaron?

That's what I was about to ask hehe.

Good job catching them.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not the Cimmeron. It was some other equally useless old compact car.:shrug:

The part that kills me the most...is they decided to take the road home which passes right by the Police Resource Station!!:slap:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Lol.. neat

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I am no longer friends what my so called "buddy"

Those other guys are no longer in my city thankfully. They lived in the same apartment complex as my friend.

The 3 guys now have criminal records (2 of the guys already did) and they had to pay fines, and all kinds of ****. Needless to say they will never mess with me again, I scared the bejesus out of them lol.

They kept asking me let them off...but they where obviously not in the slightest bit sorry for what they did. I could see in there eyes, They where actually mad I caught them. They didnt even apologize. (hence the reason I pressed charges) I would have been fine had they been sorry but I have no remorse for criminals.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
very very nice! thats impressive driving. personally, i would have stopped once i saw the cops lights because of habbit proabbly lol. but im glad you did what your instincts told you to do.

oh, and it was in general a nice story. at first, i wasnt going to read it because its so damn long, but then after reading a few coments,i felt it necessary. and it was worth the time.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, damn man... i didn't know the cougar COULD slide sideways on command :tongue:

how fast were you guys all going?!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
heh, damn man... i didn't know the cougar COULD slide sideways on command :tongue:

how fast were you guys all going?!
Unfortunately, that was back with 16's and the Yoko AVID H4's. You can't make the cougar slide for crap now. :( which is a good thing :)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
you can always make a car slide, just gotta do it right... can be hard in a cougar though :)

and Kenny would never have gotten in trouble for doing what he did, my buddy was in a hit and run and ran after the guy at full speed, they were going 100+mph when they passed a cop who instantly flew after them, and the cops pulled him over and he lost the guy who hit him, however, like Kenny he had the plates in his phone.

He told the cop his story and he siad, "well for now we have to take you in for reckless driving, but we will pick up the car with the tag you gave us and if your story is straight, you will be released immediately."

he got released later that night... and the guy who hit him got a hit and run ticket, a reckless driving ticket, a speeding ticket and endangering the public (something like that) ticket.

always go after the bad guy, you can't go wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts