New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I THINK WHEN PAINTING THE 3 VENTS IN THE GAUGE COWL OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED YOU HAVE TO GET THAT OFF FROM THE BOTTOM ON UP RIGHT.....????? AND THEN THEY ARE HELD ON BY SCREWS....BUT MY OTHER QUESTION TODAY IS HOW DO I GET TO THE VENT ON THE PASS. SIDE AND THE DEFROSTER VENT I TRIED TO PRY IT OUT BUT IT IS TIGHT SO I FIGURED IT WAS SCREWED IN THERE. DO I COME UP THROUGH THE GLOVE BOX???? THANKS.....OH AND DON'T GET PISSED BECAUSE MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS ON YOU HOMOS

·
Registered
576 Posts
Remove the glove box (3 screws under the box on the hinge), then you may have to disconnect the HVAC vent tubes that are hiding the vent itself. You should be able to get to the vent this way. Also, can't remember, but you might need to unbolt the airbag as well (when moving the airbag remember to disconnect battery for safety). there is only one screw I think that holds the vent down, it's tight to get to, but manageable.

Hope this helps you out! Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.