New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 9-inch neon lights that I want to install in my car. I have 2 of them under my dash near my feet and I am going to put 1 under each front seat and also 2 in the trunk. What is the best way to wire these? Is it possible to add them to the one switch. I would like to make this switch the button between the traction control and the defrost buttons on the dash. Any ideas for me or any help would be great. Thank You

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was unable to figure out how to make those switches functional, however, you can drill a hole and put a switch through them. You can go to radio shack and buy these panel things. Ask them for a 'power distribution box'. Hook up a 8 guage or so wire from your battery to this then hook and on/off switch somewhere in there. Then hook up the neons to this and ground them somewhere. That sounds really complicated but it's fairly easy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Order a new switch assembly from the dealer, the new piece comes with 3 functional buttons that you can wire your neons or anything else to. I think it costs around $25. Thats what I did with mine, I have the underbody neon, interior neon and amp on those switches. Click here for pics. It looks much better than drilling holes and gluing on switches.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it add 3 switches, or just one? I have Traction Control and the Defroster for 2 of them and the light for the theft device on a third, leaving only one open. How did you wire it up so that it worked off the switch?

Thank You

M

·
0 Posts
i got the same setup. i wired the ones under the dash into the switch on the door, so they turn on when the door is open, and the trunk ones into the light wiring harness so they turn on when the trunk is open, same with the engine bay, i put a small pressure switch in engine bay so they turn on when the hood is open. thats what i did. as far as the wiring, run it under the carpet and up behind the center console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts