New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestions? i've done some searching but nobody's really suggested a brand and name.

·
Registered
517 Posts
good question. by aluminum paint are you looking for a satin finish alomst like a silver? or are you looking for a semi chrome look?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Are you looking for spray-can type paint, or spray-gun paint? =) I know at least 3 colors that match, but they are all spray-gun paints, and need primer, and clear.

E1

·
Registered
302 Posts
Funny you bring this up now, I just bought a can for my room. I got it at Dunn-Edwards, about $12 for a quart. It looks great but you do need to have a primer on it. I applyed it with a brush and I got this cool brushed aluminum look. One warning, this stuff is loaded with real aluminum so it reflects the sun like a mirror, you dont want your car to blind you. You wont find anything in a spray that looks as good, and almost anything will need a primer to stick to the plastic. Aluminum paints arent like regular spray paints, they need a good surface to adhire to, a simple sanding wont be enough. Hope this all helps.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
I did my dash with chrome/aluminum that I got at Autozone. It turned out pretty nice.
do you have any pics? does it look anything like the brushed aluminum dash kit?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used "SEM Color Coat", #15083 "Silver", on various plastic/vinyl dash pieces. It matches pretty close the silver color behind the light and H/C controls dials.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
For the 2001/2002's silver gauges and dash accents, you can use a combination of Duplicolor paints to match the 'grain' and finish, as well as color. I believe one of them was 'arctic silver' and the other was a light dash of 'metal flake silver'. I will have to check my spray cans at home...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts