New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I talked to my boss last night about the possibility of having a mod-meet or something at the shop. Would anyone be interested in doing a mod/whatever meet in Rockford? If so what would you want to do? A date would have to be decided on (probably after november) that would be agreeable with the shop scedule, etc. The place is well heated, and we would be working or whatever inside (lots of space).

Anyway, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes!!! I've got all kinds of stuff I need to do!!!

Gut the Pre-cats
Paint the Headlights
Tune the Nitrous
Patch the stock spoiler and mercury emblem holes in my trunk so I can get it painted cheaper!
Have someone help me bleed my brakes so my pedal isn't squishy anymore! ( I can't seem to get it right!)
And if you have a free one laying around... I wouldn't mind if you did a MTX swap for me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, I can definatly help you with 1,2, and 5 Steve. We'll see what we can do with #3, but with #4 you REALLY dont want me welding up those holes.. I need a lot more practice before I trust myself welding on someones car. Unless you can convice someone else to do it. Yah, ill just grab that spare MTX-75 I'v got sitting next to my ferrari and throw that right in for ya... Hehe. Someday we'll get a stick in that car of yours :biggrin:

Anyone else interested? Its only an hour or a little more away from you suburb guys, and the same for madison area people

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks!!! I knew you would be there for me! MTX on it's way! Don't you have a spare turbo laying around too? I'll take that off your hands too... Gee, for all this free stuff and labor I'm gonna have to buy you something really nice. How about a new shift knob? And WOW!!! You have a Ferrari? :biggrin:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wow, a shift knob?!?! just what I have been dreaming of! Hehehe, man I wish I realy DID own a Ferrari. That would be awsome. Heck, I'd be happy just DRIVING one for an hour or 2. Thats not to much to ask is it? It seems my brother is the one with all the luck. About a week ago he got to sit in a production model 2005 GT40... with the engine running... I hate him.

OK, so Steve is interested in a mod meet, how bout the rest of you? I know I posted this on a friday night and am now up way to early on a saturday (have to work) but c'mon, going out and having fun on the weekend isn't THAT great... ok, now Im a liar.

X

·
0 Posts
I might go since I live kinda near rockford, but I have no mod that I really need done except i wanna gut my pre-cats someday also.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
This would be a good winter meet since it's indoors, and heated(hopefully)

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, the shop is heated. Also, people would be free to use my tools as long as they all made it back in my tool box. I have lost and replaced enough tools on my own, hehehe. Snap-On tools are EXPENSIVE. It sucks when you realize a day later you left a $40 wrench in someones engine bay....

Then again my boss could always say no to the use of the shop.. If the shop gets really busy (there are times where we have worked 7 days a week) or want to do/get work that is profesional paint or fabrication or whatever, he would probably can the idea right on the spot. Basically, if people are wanting to do mods, keep it to stuff like bolt on parts, basic stuff, or paint type stuff WE (assuming that we are all rattle-can type people) can do (Unless people are willing to pay Joe his price if he decides to take on some work, and it was preveously agree'd upon.) Its just not fair to customers who pay good money for that type of stuff. Like Gregg (BasicDigital) is going to have his car at the shop in a week. I wouldent want to feel like something we did at a meet was something he paid for. Know what I mean?

·
0 Posts
Hell if you guys would help gut pre cats im in. i live in crystal lake so im fairly close. ive been wanting to gut my pre cats for a while i just dont have all the tools and i dont know how to make MIL elims either. Count me in on a mod meet

·
0 Posts
Also i ahve an injen intake i could install, the prob with that is i dont have a breather hose to my IACV or IAVC valve. Plus i have CEL for a cogged EGR valve that i cant unclogg.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
This is great Chris! We could do this some Sunday in December maybe? I'm totally up for it. Just let me know a weekend, and if its cool with your boss.

B

·
0 Posts
I would drive out there for the meet, haven't chilled with the NECO crew for a while and I miss you all. Plus if it's in the next months it would be a good reason for me to check up on my baby that Chris's shop is gonna be working on. =]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Count me in. I would also like to gut my pres. Just need a date and time and i'll be there. I live in Crystal Lake as well.

Oh by the way 99silvercougarV6, i saw you at Subway a while back. I was going to say something, but you were with all your friends so i didn't bother you.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far everything sounds good with what people want to do. Some sunday in december would probably be the best solution Reagan, good call. Ill let people know as soon as I can get the boss to pick a date.

·
0 Posts
MAv you should have said whats up my friends are all pretty into cars, they actually would probably be a little jealous to to see that others mod cougars. Most of my friends are the only one who mod there cars in this area. My buddy in his EVO and My other friend with his E30 M3.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
I've got a.. uh.. car.. that needs a 2 tone paint job... Can I do that at your shop? :biggrin:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got a.. uh.. car.. that needs a 2 tone paint job... Can I do that at your shop?
At The Speed Shop? You better not be doing anything like the paint job im doing on my car this winter! :biggrin: Gimme a PM on what your talking about, hehehe.

Edit: Ok, nevermind. You had me worried there for a second.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts