New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I sent an email to Edelbrock inquiring about Headers for our Cougars....see below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mike Rochon [[email protected]] Sent: Thu 1/8/2004 1:08 PM

If you can drum up a letter and get everybody in your club to sign it that
is one way that things get started for the less popular applications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am a member of a new edge Cougar enthusiast group (NECO - New Edge
Cougar Owners (www.fastcougar.com/forums)) and wanted to pose a couple
questions. Currently, there is only 1 viable option for cougar owners in
regards to after market headers and that is MSDS; they run for roughly $660
(w/ a y-pipe). My understanding is that they make a pretty good product,
but not perfect. Since Edelbrock is a very reputable company, I'd expect
nothing but the best from you guys. What would it take to get a set of
after-market headers created for our cougars? I'm guessing that there
probably aren't any current plans to create these, since the car is out of
production and all, but I think there may be enough of a market out there
where this could be profitable for you. How many header orders would it
take to get these made? Please let me know if this would be
possible....there are many cougar enthusiasts out there that would love to
hear some good news. Thank you for your time.

Mike Ilic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to start a post to see who would be interested in these if they were created. If you are interested, please reply to this post and be sure to leave your first and last name at the bottom of your post. If we have enought interest, we can make this happen. Thanks.

Mike:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
First off there are two options for headers, and there actually used to be three:

MSDS (know and love)
Weapon-R (cc.com, born of fairly strong controversy)
SHM (Sean Hyland Motorsports- long-tube headers, not sold anymore to my knowledge)

I know of Edelbrock- Would be interesting to see if they'd make a set, but I can't see them being cheaper or producing more power than the MSDS. I'm all for trying, of course...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Notice I said there is one 'viable' option for headers....Weapon R doesn't count in my book and SHM were much too expensive and they don't even make them anymore, so there really is just one option in my opinion. It may be a long shot, but if we show enough interest, you never know....maybe we'd have another option for headers.

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I would like to see another one made. You might want to mention to Edelbrock that this is for the 2.5L engine which is in the cougars, contours, mystiques. And it would be a good idea to post this over on CEG.

G

·
Originally posted by: tropiccougar01
You might want to mention to Edelbrock that this is for the 2.5L engine which is in the cougars, contours, mystiques. And it would be a good idea to post this over on CEG.
I am interested

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i need new headers,,, count me in... but if they are more then msds headers.. i dont want them

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd take a set if they were cheaper than msds. I am in the market right now but can't foot the 660.00 pricetag.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: POWERAGE
I'd take a set if they were cheaper than msds. I am in the market right now but can't foot the 660.00 pricetag.
Word. Definitely want some headers but the price is too much. I'll end up paying it anyway but if you could get cheaper it'd be awesome.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Im in if theyre around $400 without a Y. Post this in CEG, too. For every modded cougar theres 5 modded contours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a set but the more names the better. Count me in.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Count me in if the price is lower than MSDS.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.