New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing the AEM intake and connecting the stock MAF sensor with the AEM MAF adapter, which way to you start to thread the bolts through, going through the AEM adapter first into the stock MAF sensor or the other way around? When I was trying to install it the other day my stock MAF sensor does not have threads on it to feed the bolt into, hence the two pieces would just fall off. Are there supposed to be treads on the stock part?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so from the stock maf sensor to the aem maf adapter........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so u start screwing in the bolts from the stock maf sensor and go into the aem maf adapter, leaving the open ends of the screws visable?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
never done it but cant you put nuts on the ends of the bolts??

·
Registered
576 Posts
You can knock out the nuts that hold the bolts to your stock air box cover. They are inside the airbox cover, use a flat screw driver and gently hit it with a hammer to drive the nuts out.

Give it a try!

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
You should feed from the filter side to the intake side.
Feed from the filter side..your filter sits to the outside. so If you FEED from the filter side, the heads will be visible not the threading. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you knock out the nuts inside the airbox, do you then put them on the stock maf sensor?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm installing my intake tomorrow and was wondering if you are supposed to knock out the nuts on the stock airbox and if you are where do they go? Also, want to make sure that the screws do go with the heads of them on the filter side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.