New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup guys im new here i signed on to help my gf out, i personally drive a j-body...
but anyways we bought a filter for her 2.5 cougar and now i find out i need a connector thing to put it on
where can i get this thong without buying the whole intake system......if u need a pic of what im talking about ill
post one for you guys....thanx

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A pic would help!

By the sounds of it, you're just talking about a hose clamp - available at any hardware store

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
No, actually it sounds like he needs a MAF adapter. He says he bought a filter, probably a cone filter from autozone. He does drive a J-Body(Just Kidding). You can go to www.duratecperformance.com and or call them and they can help you for sure. They have real good prices on them as well.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It sounds like you need these pieces...

You can either order the pieces individually, otherwise you can go on ebay and do a search for "99 cougar intake" and it will bring up quite a few of them. I would just do that instead cause then you can get both adapters, all the couplers and hose clamps, plus an extra filter for $50.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yep, you are right. Let me rephrase my response... If you want to keep the accordian tube, then all that you need is the adapter. Otherwise you can get the other piece as well for some cosmetic enhancements... also, I may be wrong but wouldn't a straight, smooth design be better for airflow than an accordian tube? I suppose it wouldn't make any noticable difference, but then again, we do have people on here that replace screws that stick out 1/16" with countersunk screws for better airflow! I guess it just depends on how far you want to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts