New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do you guys pay for insurance/year?

i'm gonna be 20 in november, and my insurance is gonna be $3,600 cad...it went up like 6 billz from last year...wtf is that? i just booked my G2 exit test, so that should make it go down right?...

·
Registered
593 Posts
About $1800/year USD and I am 26 years old. I don't even know what mine is going to go up to in 6 months when I renew though, heh.

I don't know what a G2 exit test is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In ontario we have something called graduated liscencing....you start with a written test (G1)...then you have your first road test...which earns you a G2, then you have a final test which gives you your G..which means yer done....and have your full liscence...its ghay

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
$130 per month covers both my Cougar and Jeep Grand Cherokee. Full coverage, $500 deductable. Your insurance rates can vary quite a bit - so it probably wont help you too much to see what other people are paying though. Your driving record and credit are the two main things that determine the insurance rate you get. Don't ask me why, but they use your credit risk as one of the main factors in how high risk of a driver you are. I have had no tickets/accidents in the past 3 years (which is as far as they go back in Illinois), and have very good credit - so mine is really cheap. Also, being 26 years old or older, and being married help tremendously with bringing the rate down.

Edit: I go through Farmer's Insurance.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
I pay $89 / month through State Farm... but then again I'm married now so that doesn't help you much. But it should have been down to $60 a month, but they have some bullshit about there being a under 30 premium... I thought it was 25!

G

·
<----$356 a month for 00' cougar , and 03' silverado both full coverage and one has commercial limits !

But then again Phoenix is one of the most expensive citys in the nation to get insured in!

My buddy had an accident , he is 21 and married, he pays over 400 bones a month on one car! Ouch!!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I payed $325 USD a month for full coverage when i first got my car, i was 17 at the time. I got into a winter accident with it a year later and now its $400 a month. Since then i've been modding my car and trying to stay out of accidents, "knock on wood". Im guessing I pay so high because of my age and the insurance is Shelter Insurance.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
all you guys pay monthly? I pay around $700 every 6 months, and I'm 21 (State Farm)

Mike

G

·
I pay 1650.00 every 6 months, no accidents, 1 speeding ticket. Also I am 19 years old.

The fact of the matter is, the older you are the cheaper the insurance.... maybe if you want cheaper rates, try telling them your a girl, for some reason everyone i talk to says girls insurance rates are cheaper... Ive seen some chicks drive like they had some balls before.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine's $1519 a year with $500/$300 collision/comprehensive deductibles. MASS looks at your last 6 years driving record - adds points for accidents & violations - then deducts for each of the 6 years without any (I have 2 tickets, 1 accident & 4 clean years). I end up with a penalty of 3 points net- they then add or deduct 7% per net point to certain portions of your insurance depending whether you end up with more penalty or credit points. (I do get a 5% credit as a AAA member.)

Chuck

·
Registered
404 Posts
$700 every 6 month for full coverage with a $250 deductible. Thats $450 for my 2001 cougar and $250 for my 1985 toyota pickup. I'm 31 with Geico and I have a clean record. :banana:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
100 a month for full coverage and 500 deductable. i'm 21 and have 2 wrecks on my record (one wreck i did, the other my g/f was driving and i claimed it to save her butt). i go through state farm and i'm guessing they really like me for some reason beings my payments are cheap and the fact that they spent 12,000 bucks repairing a truck that was only blue booked at 6000:crazy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts