New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently wrecked my cougar this weekend and did $5400 dollars damage to the front end , yea i know sux huh ?but im just glad i didnt total it. :biggrin: but for those of u who have delt with insurance companys alot i was wondering if u could help me out.Do i have to get factory parts with the insurance money or do u think they'll let me get my own parts with the check they right me, considering factory parts seem to be more than aftermarket and was hoping to get a body kit, hood, z3 fenders since they need replaced anyhow, it would be very stupid to put stock parts back on. and i had the razzi kit and turns out my front clip is trashed , so maybe thought about mix matching razzi sides, with one of the front bumpers and rear bumpers ect... any replies are helpful on what to say or ask the adjuster when i speak to him , thank's.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ya u should beable to get what ever u wont. they should just give u the check so u can do any thing with it. Just tell them what u said to us that u had aftermarket parts and your going to replace it with after market parts.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
metallicacougs wrecked her car and got z3's and a kam hood out of the deal. try PMing her and see what she says.

·
Super Moderator
22,256 Posts
a lot of it depends on how your insurance deals with the payout. I am about ready to get my car back from the shop from me being hit. They had an adjuster look at my car and compared it to the shops estimate and cut me a check to spend however I see fit, fix the car or not. Im getting a CF hood out of it and $$ for some extra toys that will come in later next month ;) and so on. Talk with the incurance co and see what they say, just depends on the company

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
depends on how insurance handles it, some pay through the body shop, some pay direct... it all depends.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm An insurance agent and I see alot of things happen with claims for the most part it is cut and dry but if you have a lien holder on the car the check will be made out to you and them that gets a little tricky . best thing to do is find a shop you are comfortable with and tell them what you want and where to get it and let them handle it from there. Key thing is finding a shop you are comfortable with.

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
My insurance company paid the shop and I worked out with the shop what I wanted. You could just get the check yourself, but when you do that you have to prove the insurance company that you got the car fixed otherwise that part of the car will not be considered covered. That is because some people just decide to keep the cash.

Just get a shop that is willing to get the parts you want. My guy is just so into cars he named his sons Corvette and Camaro. He even became a dealer or distributor for aerogear so he could get the fenders cheaper.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
My car just got all f'd up. I got ALL stock parts, nothing aftermarket at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ty, for the reply's. Turns out the insurance company is paying the shop ,and the shop is getting me whatever parts i want:cool: but his only concern is modification/prepping aftermarket parts , but he said he'll install them. But if any extra labor needs to be done me and him will work that out on the side.I know it prolly depends on what kit will be installed for extra prepping/labor ect..i was leaning towards aerogear extreme front . have any of u installed this and if so how did it match up.? how much extra prepping, ect ? also ill prolly go with the aerogear predator hood im sure that it matches up great but any info coming from people that have installed that would be awsome, ill also be getting the z3 fenders so any info on how those matched up would be decent to. i know on the custom cougars site they say parts will need little modification or some, ect .. but i was guessing u guys could give me more detail.. of what im getting involved in. So turns out that this accident was for the better, as of no-one was injured and everything seems to be working out for me except for a slight rise in insurance$... u guys are always a handfull of help , and i appreciate the comments ty. i my's well add this in instead of creating another post. What do u think the aerogear front, razzi sides, and battle rear bumper would look like ? comments plz:shrug: And happy turkey day to all

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
in my opinion, the razzi sides (either models) wouldn't go with those bumpers, but you never know until you see it. i would think either the kam sides or the drift sides would go good with both of those bumpers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts