New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Everything else works except the digital odometer/clock and the mpg part(the black parts for the letters/numbers aren't showing up anymore)
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Motor vehicle Gauge

(4cyl mtx)

I checked the fuses and disconnected the battery for a couple minutes. Any ideas? I had about 226,500 on the odometer if it matters.

Nvm it decided to fix itself after I threatened to turn it into a racecar

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,797 Posts
ROFL, the ol' racecar threat will do it every time.

Seriously though, that's most likely due to a failure in the circuit board, and it will probably happen again, and you won't be able to get it back without removing it and re-flowing some solder joints, if that even works. Typical old-age problems.

Reactions: Surge0077

·
Registered
327 Posts
Everything else works except the digital odometer/clock and the mpg part(the black parts for the letters/numbers aren't showing up anymore) View attachment 82155
(4cyl mtx)

I checked the fuses and disconnected the battery for a couple minutes. Any ideas? I had about 226,500 on the odometer if it matters.

Nvm it decided to fix itself after I threatened to turn it into a racecar
Your best bet is to purchase another speedometer and get someone to reprogram tour mileage in. Get one with a lower mileage. You don’t need to program anything else to install in your car. I put a few in mine to check the mileage and the car still started right up. Just in case you didn’t know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts