New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have better directions on installing the weapon-r dragon intake or any pictures to help me thanks.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't have pictures or instructions, but when I asked Zero how he liked his Dragon intake he said:

I love the sound it produces and the looks. If you live a warm climate that would cause heat soak you should make or buy a heat sheild for it. The only reason I'm getting rid of mine is because I'm getting a Carbon Fiber Dragon intake. If not for this I wouldn't be selling the red one at all.
#

I asked Weapon R if they sell a heat shield. I'm waiting for a reply.

I have decided to buy a Dragon for my 99 V6 so any advice from you after you install would be appreciated.

Paul Winter
[email protected]

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The install is actually quite simple.
You have 4 hoses and some fitting to do.

Step 1 - Take your old air box and rubber tubbing off. The only piece you will keep from the is your MAF "the large plastice piece with the censor on it".

Step 2 - Soak your large sillicone connecting pieces in warm water "this comes into play later"

Step 3 - Take your intake pipe and start assebling your hoses. You want the muli- port side facing the cab with the largest hole on your left "if this makes no sence it will when you have everything in front of you" match them all up to where they went B-4.

Step 4 - After you have all 4 hoses attached, take the odd shaped rubber brace "the one with two different size openings" and fasten the smaller side to your throttle body and the larger opening to you pipe. "now you should have a foundation to work with."

Step 5 - Take one of the braces you have been soaking and work one side onto your intake pipe, and the other on your MAF "this is the hardest part of the whole install, and the reason I told you to soak them". Once you have that done everything should be attached up to the MAF.

Step 6 - Lastly is your Filter. Take the last sillicone brace and work it around your Dragon filter untill that is firmly attached. This should conclude your installment.

A couple of things to keep in mind: Everything should be air tight, and all your sillicone barces should be anchored with the metal clamps they gave you. The last hole on your right is for your air censor "the one that use to plug into your stock air box", keep this tube short so it is easier for the censor to do its job. Lastly don't worry if your intake sags, it won't hurt it.
Enjoy......
Peace

Zero

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weapon-R doesn't make a heat sheild that I know of, but they do make a ram-air tube for it. I wasn't thinking when i replied to your email, the dragon filter is to large to accomodate a heat sheild. Your best bet is to make or buy a ram-air induction tube.
Peace

Zero

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, Weapon-R does make a Cold Air Shield that fits over the Dragon Filter. It costs around $40 and its simple to install, and it even allows you to connect their new Ram Air Kit to it. I know of multiple places that sell these 2 items. In fact, Importstudio.com was doing a special where you could buy both for $100. Not too shabby :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey ZeroFX, Gee that picture looks familiar. Mmmmmmmm where have I seen that one before?:cool

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's kinda sad. I have a whole collection of cougar mod pics waiting to be thrown up in situations like this. Would that intake happen to be yours? I wish i had gone with polished myself.....O'well. I should be getting the CF one any day now:biggrin:.
Peace

Zero

·
Registered
495 Posts
Actually I want the c/f one. I was told I had to wait another month in addition to the one month I already waited in order to get the polished one. I just couldn't wait anymore so I went with this one.
Post a pic when you you get it. I want to see how it looks installed.
Maybe we could trade..........mmmmmmmmmm...........maybe.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never Muhahahahahahaha:biggrin:. I love the CF intake. My new off set is gonna be CF so the intake fits nicely. I'll snap some pics for you though. Did you pay for the CF or the polished? I know it took Weapon-R 3 months to get this one to me. I'm taking a hit selling the red one, but O'well. It's better than nothing.
Peace

Zero

1 - 10 of 10 Posts