New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a vinyl sunshade...just like one from edecals.com. Have any tips or tricks to make it go smoothly. I've installed tons of words and letters before...but I usually cut them up to wrap around the front windshield...but these are different. Any Help???

G

·
Wet the window with soapy water. I use baby shampoo and tap water. You only need a few drops of shampoo. This will make it easy to position the vinyl. Lay it on the window and measure it on each of the sides to make sure it is even. squeegee it out and then trim it with a good sharp razor blade. squeegee again and trim again. Finally dry it with a hairdryer. Do not pressure wash your car for a couple of days to ensure proper drying. When I did mine I took out the two trim pieces along the window, this way you don't see cut marks. It all gets hidden when you put the trims pieces back on. Any more questions let me know. This is a good start for you. Good luck, Brad

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got some decals from edecals.com and they were the no water kind. I don't know about the sunshades though. Mine I taped into position at the top and started peeling the backing off while squeegeeing it to make sure there are no bubbles etc. I think they look really cool. But yeah, there's really only two ways to do a decal. Shady told you the one way and the dry method is the other. Uh, did you get them from edecals.com or are they from an autoparts store? If they were from edecals.com they should of had instructions and stuff. Anyway, good luck with the sunshade.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shady...how hard is it to take off the trim pieces along the windshield. And do they snap back into place or do they need some glue?? They seem to be a little loose...but don't want to break anything if I take them off.

And...I actually got my graphics from VinzDecals.com . I ordered from eDecals before and they are about the same...accept Vinz is a little cheaper. I ordered Etch Vinyl for the sunshade, then I was going to put dark gray letters on top of that. When I got the Etch...it was like clear contact paper. It was clear and it looked like crap. So I ripped it off and emailed Vinz and told them what happened. I ordered from them before so they sent me a free silver sunshade.:) The quality is great and price is right. They also have a few good pics of cougars on their site...now thats a plug.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts