New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it hard ? i mean it cant be that hard to lift up the coug and bolt or screw them on right :shrug: wires are no biggy i can have someone do that for me..

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
SO I wonder who that person is that is gonna help ya :biggrin: JK Shayne, bring it on!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: Madcat
If you'd like a How-To on this PM me I have written up how I did mine in order to hide the bulbs to the best of my ability.

you should post this how to. or send it to me and i'll host it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Its not really formal, but I can send it to ya if youd like, just PM me ur email addy and I ll send it to ya :)
Its pretty long and scattered. But I m more then happy to post it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you do not have sideskirts, on a 99 Cougar do not put it in that little gap underneath the car. See where your jack does not touch and put them directley afterthat if you can or a little farther. Trust me, I put them in that little gap and I they got messed up when I got new tires put on because of the lift. Be very carefully where you put these.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I helped my friend put on a green under body light kit on his car. It really wasn't hard at all, just time consuming. It took like 2-2½ hours, and that time includes running a separate switch too.

edit: what color were you thinking about going with¿

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Magoo, I beg to differ on that, thats the best place to put them to hide them without side skirts. All you have to do is tell the shop to be careful, and they can move the lift arms in. I ve had mine on a lift twice with 2 different sets of neons, and just left a note in the car and they never got messed up.... But I can see that yea most shops would put the lift right there, but I just tell um before hand then if they break um, its their ass. I mean I m pretty close with the shops around my place so that might help too.. Just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hehe forgot to tell them that...oh well i gotta new check for em cause I bitched so much. Minus the fat I dropt off the car before they opend and my dad went up to do paperwork. Now their all not workign cause of an accident and I dont have them no more :( Ya that is a good place just tell a shop if you have them.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Is there a way to install the underbody neons without drilling into the body? For instance, using zip-ties around some item?

Just e mailed you the how to that madcat had sent me.. enjoy ;)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: 8BaLL
Originally posted by: 01blkcat
Is there a way to install the underbody neons without drilling into the body? For instance, using zip-ties around some item?

Just e mailed you the how to that madcat had sent me.. enjoy ;)
Only thing with that is you are still drilling holes in the frame to connect the tubes... I don't want to touch the metal on my car with a drill at all :(

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: 8BaLL
is it hard ? i mean it cant be that hard to lift up the coug and bolt or screw them on right :shrug: wires are no biggy i can have someone do that for me..
if someone else will do it for you then why the sweat?!?! haha.... no it shoudn't be hard... my buddy did it while he was drunk and he did a damn good job at that, so no it's not hard at all :) it comes with self tapping screws and usually one transformer(depending on model and brand, I have a gold series kti at home as well ;), go with Street Glow Gold Series all the way from what I've heard) that all 4 rods plug into that you then run to a power source a switch and a ground and power up the switch and ground that if it has a light.... walla, neon glow ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts