New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can cause P1120 Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit Low Input code? This started after I installed a new TPS. I have checked and re-checked the plug in and it snaps into place. The contacts look ok too. So what is up?

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
There are two little tabs inside the TPS where the throttle body shaft pushes it. They have to be on the leading edge of the thing or it won't register anything.

Also, be certain you used the right part number...

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are two little tabs inside the TPS where the throttle body shaft pushes it. They have to be on the leading edge of the thing or it won't register anything.

Also, be certain you used the right part number...
:banghead: Ok this damn thing really should not be so picky about it's position. I have tried 3 times to adjust it and keep getting the same code.
Just to be straight, the throttle shaft right edge should be above or below the right tab of the sensor when it is on correctly?

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
What kind of throttle body do you have? The MTX has a different action than the ATX and the SVT...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.