New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup everyone!? i'd hate to bother everyone about the strobes but i just bought strobes and plan on putting them in the little compartment in the front headlights. The problem is i have somewhat an idea to install them(hooking them up to the battery) i know that the red i hook up the the battery then the black is for grounding. Does that mean i hook the black wire onto a metal part of the car? or does it mean to hook the black wire onto the negative terminal of the battery? info on this would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!!

Jay (couga newbie)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
That would go for anything you do thats electrical

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i plan on putting on a switch. any ideas on how to run the switch to the inside of the car?

G

·
Well sence I have an mtx. I have a hole in my stearing wheel boot and I have wires ran up through my sup frame into the car. But with the hole in my streaing wheel boot My peddles get really hot on long grives and I can feel it. Only drawl back I have from it.. But I like goign through the sub frame better.. Just if you go to a po-dunk place like wall mart make sure they dont put tha lift where the wired go or they will rip them

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info!! i think i'll prob go through the sub frame of the car.

G

·
Get a drill. Pull the carpen on the driver side back and you will see a plug thing on the floor.. Drill througn it and it will pop out if you yank up on the drill. drill in and pull the whole drill out and it should come out. You will see. And you will need zip tie's

·
Registered
902 Posts
Q: Whats wrong with running the negative to the negative on the battery?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info guys!! i'm hookin the lights up in that little spot in the headlights. i hope it works out!

·
Registered
902 Posts
So as long as you have a fuse on the positive then you can run the negative to the negative on the battery?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts