New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing rear brake sensor

okay i just put new pads on the rear, but there is no way to make the sensor fit in the pad. so how do you get the light to turn off? can you plice the wires together and just close the circuit. I put the old sensor plug back in, but it still wont work. any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
RE: installing rear brake sensor

horny, you got it, you can do that. better yet, take the old sensor and splice that together... if there isn't a hole in the backing plate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

so i should cut the clip off and just twist the two wires together? i just dont want to screw anything up to where it is going to be expensive to replace it all. There is a hole in the pad where the sensor goes, but i guess the hole is too big cause it just falls out.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts

Well don't cut off the piece thats connected to the car, take the old sensor and do that one.
(car)====[ [=====(brakesensor)

hope this diagram makes sense. if the old sensor is still intact, you don't need to cut anything.
but its basically a small metal loop inside the sensor that wears down and brakes the loop to trigger the light.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yes i tried that and it still stays on, but thanks for the input. i guess im going to cut the wires or at least strip a small part and twist them together

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts

Well if it still stays on, check your other sensors. Fronts too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

nope i got it. i cut the plug off and just twisted the wires together. thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts