New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how there are those four buttons above the temp controls which have the defrost and alarm on them? Does anyone know where i could find a button the was functional and know how to wire neons into it? I want to be able to push one of those buttons and have all the neons in my car turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
On the US cougars with all the available options, one button will still be blank, and not push in. The European Cougars had a 'windshield heater', similiar to our rear defrost. You need to find a set of the Euro switches and install them in your car, wiring the neon up to that empty switch. There were a set for sale in the 'for sale' section a few days ago.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Just to let you know, if you buy the set with the functional switch, there is also a circuit that you have to build also. The schematic is floating around here somewhere......You can't just hook the neons to that last switch because that switch is only "on" if you hold it down, or something like that. No that doesn't mean when using the actual function that it was designed for is has to be held down, before anyone asks.......I don't know if this is making sense, I just woke up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.